ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless Audio Transmission?  (Read 4801 times)

Sean Chen

• Pristine Audio
Wireless Audio Transmission?
« on: March 26, 2014, 11:29:42 PM »

Does anyone have any luck with wireless audio transmission for installation? The current installation has audio source (Direct TV box) wirelessly transmitted to the amplifier 20 feet away, separated by a giant fish tank 4 feet long. There is no good way to wire it up. I tried the Channel Vision WA-321 & WA-361 system, but it would occasionally cut out. The reliability of these things are nothing like the diversity wireless microphone I'm used to.

The venue is fairly sizable, and TV's own audio is not loud enough. I am thinking just adding some powered speakers next to the TVs and be done with it, unless there are reliable wireless audio transmission systems.

Gonna try next the buffer type wireless transmission system, with slight delay of 26 ms or so.

Thanks for your help!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 06:09:50 AM by Sean Chen »
Pristine Audio
Authorized dealer for Allen & Heath, Countryman, Danley Sound Labs, Dynaudio, Electro-Voice, Gator Cases, HK Audio, K&M, Mackie, MiPro, RCF,  Yorkville
www.pristine-audio.com

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
Re: Wireless Audio Transmission?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 10:20:06 AM »

Years ago I investigated developing a instal product based on sending an audio carrier over the mains wiring. This was very attractive to installers for the promise to not have to pull wire, BUT I found even audio on power lines could be corrupted by common office machinery. This is major problem, even larger for installers who might bid on a job basing their cost on not pulling wire, only to find out on site, that there is noise they can't get rid of, unless they pull wire.  I suspect wireless has similar issues. Try it and see if it works before bidding on the job.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Jeff Carter

• Kitchener, ON, Canada
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 10:50:14 AM »

One issue with getting RF through water (as opposed to concrete, for example) is that the dielectric coefficient of water is considerably higher. I'd expect this to cause a lot of reflection at the glass/water interfaces of the tank, which could lead to some pretty crazy multipath interference.
Mothers, don't let your babies grow up to be physics PhDs

Sean Chen

• Pristine Audio
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 10:44:47 PM »

One issue with getting RF through water (as opposed to concrete, for example) is that the dielectric coefficient of water is considerably higher. I'd expect this to cause a lot of reflection at the glass/water interfaces of the tank, which could lead to some pretty crazy multipath interference.

I just came across Galaxy Audio AS-WSS11T D. While it's not touring grade sound quality, at least I have experience with their product, having diversity reliability.
Pristine Audio
Authorized dealer for Allen & Heath, Countryman, Danley Sound Labs, Dynaudio, Electro-Voice, Gator Cases, HK Audio, K&M, Mackie, MiPro, RCF,  Yorkville
www.pristine-audio.com

MikeHarris

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 03:21:32 PM »

Mipro makes powered speakers than can have wireless receivers built in. Don't know if they have a "base" tx but probably do. While they have battery capability they can run plugged in. PSM 200 with adaptor may be a better solution...it is one we have employed in a restaurant with outdoor spleakers

Mike Maly

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 11:16:38 PM »

Shure has two solutions for this. One is with a PSM900 transmitter and an SLX receiver or higher. To transmit and receive in stereo, two PSM900 transmitters and two receivers. It's called point-point. They have a tech-help document written about it in the support section of the web site.

http://shure.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3877

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Maly Sound:
Hear the difference

Sean Chen

• Pristine Audio
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 08:31:25 PM »

For now, I moved the wireless transmitter to another TV at the corner that has a direct line of sight to the amplifier booth without going through water.
Pristine Audio
www.pristine-audio.com

Joseph D. Macry

• Austin TX
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 12:13:18 PM »

Does anyone have any luck with wireless audio transmission for installation? The current installation has audio source (Direct TV box) wirelessly transmitted to the amplifier 20 feet away, separated by a giant fish tank 4 feet long. There is no good way to wire it up. I tried the Channel Vision WA-321 & WA-361 system, but it would occasionally cut out. The reliability of these things are nothing like the diversity wireless microphone I'm used to.

The venue is fairly sizable, and TV's own audio is not loud enough. I am thinking just adding some powered speakers next to the TVs and be done with it, unless there are reliable wireless audio transmission systems.

Gonna try next the buffer type wireless transmission system, with slight delay of 26 ms or so.

Thanks for your help!

For less than 30 feet distance, I have had good luck with Bluetooth stereo transmitter and receivers, such as those from BrookStone
Joseph Macry,
Austin, TX

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 12:13:18 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.