ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: turbosound  (Read 14067 times)

Frances Fisher

turbosound
« on: March 26, 2014, 11:05:19 PM »

turbosound seems poised to become popular in a bigger way
just your thoughts
i take life with a grain of salt
and a shot of tequila

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: turbosound
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 12:25:45 AM »

just your thoughts
Hmmmmm. Care to elaborate? Starting new discussions=good. Doing so in a way that doesn't give anyone a clue as to what you're talking about=maybe not so ideal...  :-\

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Michael A. Yates

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 01:00:32 AM »

Hmmmmm. Care to elaborate? Starting new discussions=good. Doing so in a way that doesn't give anyone a clue as to what you're talking about=maybe not so ideal...  :-\

-Ray

Just what I was thinking....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 01:26:40 AM »

I mean, call me crazy, but.... ya know, help us to engage in conversation. Haha.

So, I'll take you up- No, no, not at all. Give me a nice phat JBL, EV, or l'acoustics array any day.

Whaddaya say?

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Peter Morris

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 02:13:13 AM »

I mean, call me crazy, but.... ya know, help us to engage in conversation. Haha.

So, I'll take you up- No, no, not at all. Give me a nice phat JBL, EV, or l'acoustics array any day.

Whaddaya say?

-Ray

Ok .... I'm hoping Turbo does become more popular, and if Music Group gets it right it will.

I have their TFA600 line-array and TMW112 &115 wedges … and it’s all great stuff, certainly up there with the best, but Turbo being owned by Music Group makes me very nervous. I'm not sure they understand the Pro world as well as they understand the MI world.

I’m hoping the purchase of Turbosound was not just to legitimise a bunch of Turbo branded Behringer boxes at the expense of Turbosound's concert heritage.

The TFA600s & TMW112s etc. were relatively new products but they have already been replaced with new models, so much for expanding my line-array plan.  I guess I will have to see if I can find some used boxes or dump mine and get something else :-\

« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 05:13:47 AM by Peter Morris »

Evan Hunter

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 08:50:41 AM »

Ok .... I'm hoping Turbo does become more popular, and if Music Group gets it right it will.

I have their TFA600 line-array and TMW112 &115 wedges … and it’s all great stuff, certainly up there with the best, but Turbo being owned by Music Group makes me very nervous. I'm not sure they understand the Pro world as well as they understand the MI world.

I’m hoping the purchase of Turbosound was not just to legitimise a bunch of Turbo branded Behringer boxes at the expense of Turbosound's concert heritage.

The TFA600s & TMW112s etc. were relatively new products but they have already been replaced with new models, so much for expanding my line-array plan.  I guess I will have to see if I can find some used boxes or dump mine and get something else :-\

I agree that Turbosound makes some of the best products out there.... Its just that they took too long to do it. After Flash/Flood they entered an MI guitar center level and then leveled out for a while. L acoustics, D&B, JBL and others all saturated the market with "new technology" and won over the hearts of many major players. Now Turbosound is starting to bring back some innovation and some really cool products all across the board. I too hope that Music Group doesn't use them as a hub just to get more MI products out the door.
Evan F. Hunter
Cleveland Ohio, Houston Texas
EFHunter4419 (at) G Mail. Com
https://www.facebook.com/FosterSound
EV QRX, JBL SRX, Turbosound Milan, Soundcraft Expression, Soundcraft Vi1

Guy Graham

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 10:24:15 AM »

just your thoughts

My thoughts are how anyone or anything could be poised to become popular in a smaller way?

Increased usage by the midget and child market perhaps ...

Noah D Mitchell

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 12:46:38 PM »

I recently put a couple of turbosound milan m12's in an install on monitor duty. The price/size/weight were right (all small). I certainly wasn't displeased with them, but they didn't impress me in any significant way.

I've recently noticed sweetwater is carrying another, slightly 'upscale' line of these powered cabs - has anyone tried them?

Frances Fisher

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 02:29:58 PM »

all right elaborating as requested
comparison of the Milan IQ etc. to the k series and prx
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 02:47:22 PM by Frances Fisher »
and a shot of tequila

Frances Fisher

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 02:47:59 PM »

I agree that Turbosound makes some of the best products out there.... Its just that they took too long to do it. After Flash/Flood they entered an MI guitar center level and then leveled out for a while. L acoustics, D&B, JBL and others all saturated the market with "new technology" and won over the hearts of many major players. Now Turbosound is starting to bring back some innovation and some really cool products all across the board. I too hope that Music Group doesn't use them as a hub just to get more MI products out the door.
they didn't mess up Midas to baddly
and a shot of tequila

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 02:47:59 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.