ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digital vs. Analogue. Why the contempt?  (Read 27291 times)

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
Re: Digital vs. Analogue. Why the contempt?
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2014, 02:59:46 AM »

Only as old as you feel :)

"A man is only as old as the woman he feels."  Author unknown.

Mike Diack

• Auckland, New Zealand.
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2014, 04:09:26 PM »

One has to wonder how many of those ridiculously overpriced W4 connectors Whirlwind are selling these days ?. Belden's big multicore cables ?. Analog comes with awful baggage (Snake wrangling is one of my most hated parts of the PA biz).
M

jason misterka

« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2014, 05:29:05 PM »

One has to wonder how many of those ridiculously overpriced W4 connectors Whirlwind are selling these days ?. Belden's big multicore cables ?. Analog comes with awful baggage (Snake wrangling is one of my most hated parts of the PA biz).
M

Serious question. So Mike, what do you use to split in and out of multiple digital snake boxes? 

It is easy to have a built-in hard wire split for a tour or a small provider with only two consoles but we are still using mults to interface our numerous digital console stage boxes with each other.

I'm curious what others are doing.

Jason

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2014, 02:03:32 PM »

I get the feeling at the level that the OP is looking to run at, a 16 channel snake will be more than enough for the job. I have a 100' one and found it to be about 50' too long. I don't mind snakes as they seem to wrap fairly easy and quickly. Even the 250' 32X8 splitter snake I had to deal with a lot isn't that bad. Granted a couple of ethernet cables are much lighter and easier to deal with though. However I had a show where we had 2 300' ethernet cables that were running with many other cables in the show. It was not fun to separate them and took just as long and as much work as the much more durable multicore snakes.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Mike Diack

• Auckland, New Zealand.
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2014, 07:11:41 PM »

Serious question. So Mike, what do you use to split in and out of multiple digital snake boxes? 

It is easy to have a built-in hard wire split for a tour or a small provider with only two consoles but we are still using mults to interface our numerous digital console stage boxes with each other.

I'm curious what others are doing.

Jason
My needs are fairly minimal, ie getting a monitor split (analog) out of a pair of S16 stageboxes. The S16 provides a couple of ADAT outputs for this purpose. One approach would be to use 2x ADA8000s for each S16. I'm not keen on the flaky PSU in the ADA8000 so rolled my own ohmbru solution using info from the Alesis/Wavefront page, hence 4 ADAT -> 32 Analog wizzybox.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2014, 07:11:41 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 24 queries.