ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tour Travel Agent  (Read 1911 times)

Tom Hester

• Orange County, CA
Tour Travel Agent
« on: March 25, 2014, 12:12:30 am »

Tour Managers, who have you had good luck with? Looking for someone to take the load off me for future tours. Searching for hotels with bus parking can be a pain. What are you paying for fees?

Thanks!

Steven Barnes

• SBTS Inc.
Re: Tour Travel Agent
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 04:21:19 pm »

Sorry I do not have anyone to recommend.

But I have been on tours that have used these guys http://www.entertainmenttvl.com/home.html and have definitely not been impressed.
Audio Engineering, Design, Consulting
SBTS Inc.
www.sbts-inc.com

Tom Hester

• Orange County, CA
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 09:39:28 pm »

Sorry I do not have anyone to recommend.

But I have been on tours that have used these guys http://www.entertainmenttvl.com/home.html and have definitely not been impressed.

I've had a few guys recommend them. What were the issues you faced?

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 12:55:10 am »

Yeah, I also was wondering what challenges you encountered when working with them.

(Although I was amused by the link on their website to AOL's "local access number" webpage... people still use dial-up, let alone AOL?!?)

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

DavidTurner

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 06:11:58 am »

All Access Travel. (615) 327-2393

Steven Barnes

• SBTS Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 05:43:41 pm »

- They would book special airfare that would not guarantee seats ie guaranteed middle seat. Becomes a big issue when you are doing all fly dates and are rolling from airport into a gig and can't get any sleep.
- Issues getting a hold of anyone when you are at the airport having issues checking in, invalid ticket number etc.
- Multiple times they would books flights way too close together, ie international flight lands in ATL at 1:00PM next flight scheduled to leave at 2:00PM. There is no physical way to get through customs grab your bags and drop/recheck them in time. Which leads to missed flights, and it is a bigger issue when you cannot get a hold of them to reschedule another flight.

I am not a tour manager, just engineer on tour so I was not dealing with the directly, but I know none of the tours that were using at the time still are.
Audio Engineering, Design, Consulting
SBTS Inc.
www.sbts-inc.com

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 08:23:56 pm »

All Access Travel. (615) 327-2393

+1.  They know touring.
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Tom Hester

• Orange County, CA
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 10:17:11 pm »

- They would book special airfare that would not guarantee seats ie guaranteed middle seat. Becomes a big issue when you are doing all fly dates and are rolling from airport into a gig and can't get any sleep.
- Issues getting a hold of anyone when you are at the airport having issues checking in, invalid ticket number etc.
- Multiple times they would books flights way too close together, ie international flight lands in ATL at 1:00PM next flight scheduled to leave at 2:00PM. There is no physical way to get through customs grab your bags and drop/recheck them in time. Which leads to missed flights, and it is a bigger issue when you cannot get a hold of them to reschedule another flight.

I am not a tour manager, just engineer on tour so I was not dealing with the directly, but I know none of the tours that were using at the time still are.

Good to know! Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 23 queries.