ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: 15" subs  (Read 27411 times)

cliff truesdell

Re: 15" subs
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 03:04:13 AM »

EV has a new powered line coming out that has a 15" sub. I only got to hear a short demo at NAMM but it did seam to sound good for all of what I heard from it.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2014, 09:12:09 AM »

Debbie the danley TH mini is pretty small and has impressive performance for the size. It's a different level of equipment than the prx stuff, but perhaps worth checking out.

Probably very good quality and sound for its size...do you use any of these Cailen??
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2014, 09:29:59 AM »

EV has a new powered line coming out that has a 15" sub. I only got to hear a short demo at NAMM but it did seam to sound good for all of what I heard from it.

The ETX series that I am seeing? Another good consideration. Good specs but quite heavy for a 15" I see. - almost 92 lbs.   Looks very nice though and well built - should do well...
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2014, 10:55:34 AM »

I use the th112 in a couple of our venues.  We also have th118s.  I have not used the TH mini but it seems to exceed the specs on the 15" prx, and is pretty compact.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2014, 11:12:03 AM »

I use the th112 in a couple of our venues.  We also have th118s.  I have not used the TH mini but it seems to exceed the specs on the 15" prx, and is pretty compact.
Hard to find online....I still need to come and hear your systems.....

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2014, 08:12:19 PM »

Changed my mind but I need some advice as to how well this will work for me.
After some consideration, I decided that space was more important than weight.
As I already own 2X SRX718's and 2x SRX715's which works great for larger bars and restaurants and I am selling my K-Subs which I use with my PRX612's or my K10's in small bars, what about this?
What if I get a single  PRX718xlf, use it on its own with the 2 PRX612's in small bars, and use it from aux on the mixer as an extra sub with my SRX series if I need a bit more bottom end when using that system.
A friend of mine insists if I put the PRX718 on one side of the stage and the 2 x SRX718's on the other, they SHOULD play nicely together. And I am hoping that as I have been happy for the most part with the K-Subs in small venues, I should be very happy with the single PRX718 sub.....?????? 
Allows for a little scalability............Yes, maybe???

Tim Perry

• Utica-Rome NY
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 12:25:47 AM »

As I already own 2X SRX718's and 2x SRX715's which works great for larger bars and restaurants and I am selling my K-Subs which I use with my PRX612's or my K10's in small bars, what about this?
What if I get a single  PRX718xlf, use it on its own with the 2 PRX612's in small bars, and use it from aux on the mixer as an extra sub with my SRX series if I need a bit more bottom end when using that system.
A friend of mine insists if I put the PRX718 on one side of the stage and the 2 x SRX718's on the other, they SHOULD play nicely together. And I am hoping that as I have been happy for the most part with the K-Subs in small venues, I should be very happy with the single PRX718 sub.....?????? 

keep the K-subs.  if you need more LF get 2 more.  easy to transport, a great product from a company that supports its product. if you just have to have 18" go with the KW181

Scott Wagner

• Richmond, VA
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 10:13:49 AM »

I have PRX718XLF that I regularly use with PRX612 and 615. It's a good combination. Also, while I haven't measured things yet, I've used PRX718XLF and SRX718 together (and my fairly picky ears didn't notice any issues). I always recommend measuring to verfiy, but they seem to play nicely together.
Scott Wagner
Big Nickel Audio

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 03:27:53 PM »

keep the K-subs.  if you need more LF get 2 more.  easy to transport, a great product from a company that supports its product. if you just have to have 18" go with the KW181

Hi Tim.

I agree that QSC are a great company who stand by their products and I would also say that the K-Subs are well made and very reliable - no complaints at all.
However,. Getting more K-Subs wouldn't benefit me because I couldn't use them efficiently with my SRX subs and have the flexibility of using them with both systems.
I started this thread by asking for feedback on switching to 15" subs but I took my 18's out again this weekend and reconsidered which had me considering a more scaleable system.
I would consider the KW181- its a good sub but I'd like to be able to use my PRX612's without taking my C/O with me and if I get the JBL, I can do that. HPF in sub - not top.
Because the SRX system is quite power hungry, it does not work well in small places  - those cabs need power and unless they are being driven, they do not perform as well. That is why I always keep an alternative PA for those places where I have to keep the volume down and my powered speakers have been great for that - K-Subs included. Just trying to get a sound closer to my SRX718's I suppose but in a box that I can use with my PRX612's and perhaps add to my SRX system if extra bottom end is required. Doesn't happen much but nice to have if needed.

If I could afford it, I would keep the K-Subs and get a powered 18". That way, I would be able to use them when the situation suits as they are good looking, small footprint, easy to transport etc, etc, etc. but I've got to get some money back on these so they have to go......

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2014, 03:30:50 PM »

I have PRX718XLF that I regularly use with PRX612 and 615. It's a good combination. Also, while I haven't measured things yet, I've used PRX718XLF and SRX718 together (and my fairly picky ears didn't notice any issues). I always recommend measuring to verfiy, but they seem to play nicely together.

Good to know Scott. No guarantees - I know that, but I think I stand a good chance of being able to get them to work together. The worst that can happen is I only get to use the PRX718 with my PRX612's (eliminating the need for a C/O ) - not such a bad downside....

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2014, 03:30:50 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.