ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 2.02 Firmware..... Likes and issues?  (Read 75229 times)

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
Re: X32 2.02 Firmware..... Likes and issues?
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2014, 01:02:43 PM »

Yes, you have to start over.   The board resets when you update.   Files saved in 1.15 can't be read by 2.02.

That's what I thought, I just wanted to confirm. I'll just have to plan on spending a few hours getting it set back up. I'll probably wait for the new Mac edit app to come out so I can do most of the work of  it. They're not in a huge hurry to get the update, I just like to keep things up to date.

Sent from my Nexus 4 running OmniROM 4.4 KitKat using Tapatalk Pro

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Upgrading from 1.15 -> 2.x
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2014, 01:34:29 PM »

Yes, you have to start over.   The board resets when you update.   Files saved in 1.15 can't be read by 2.02.

Uh, are you sure about that, James?  2.0.0/2.0.1 could not, but reportedly 2.0.2 can open saved files from USB and then allows you to store them as v2 files.  There have been reports of some parameters not transferring and others being set to zero, but if mixer structure - routing, analog out configs, i/o scribbles, libraries etc - will transfer correctly a lot of effort has been saved.

Syncing X32 Edit and the iPad app have work-arounds until updated.  The very cool Android app is being updated.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

James A. Griffin

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2014, 01:39:13 PM »

Uh, are you sure about that, James?  2.0.0/2.0.1 could not, but reportedly 2.0.2 can open saved files from USB and then allows you to store them as v2 files.  There have been reports of some parameters not transferring and others being set to zero, but if mixer structure - routing, analog out configs, i/o scribbles, libraries etc - will transfer correctly a lot of effort has been saved.

Well, Tim, come to think of it, I am not sure about it.  I ASSumed since the 2.0 Beta wouldn't read 1.15, that 2.02 wouldn't either.    I'll try to check on that next time I get mixer off the truck.

Thanks for the heads up.
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

James A. Griffin

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2014, 02:00:38 PM »

Tim you are correct.   I just installed 2.02 (again) and was able to load show files that I saved on 1.15 over the weekend.  I've not gone too deeply into it yet, but what I can see so far, everything except networks settings are there.   
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2014, 02:07:27 PM »

Tim you are correct.   I just installed 2.02 (again) and was able to load show files that I saved on 1.15 over the weekend.  I've not gone too deeply into it yet, but what I can see so far, everything except networks settings are there.

That's good. Thanks for the info.

Benjamin Gingerich

• LifeSound AV
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2014, 02:15:10 PM »

Linked channels are not linked anymore, and network settings were back to zero, but other than that it seemed to work well.
Benjamin Gingerich
Project Manager - LifeSound Av - Macon, Georgia
Air Force Reserves- Electrical Power Production
AA Electrical & Mechanical Engineering

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2014, 08:36:57 AM »

It is my understanding, according to Behringer forum, that the FULL version of 2.x will read previous version files.
2.02 (2014-03-11)
improvements

- V1.x scene/show/library conversion
forum post http://forum.behringer.com/showthread.php?3321-V2-02-final-released
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Jan Duwe

« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2014, 11:34:59 AM »

Okay I talked with Zach at Behringer tech support ... that is just F**cking stupid!!!!

Dear Brian, Dan, Tommy, James, Tim,

There is a remarkable 47 posts and yet only little factual clarity. Taking full responsibility for the  'Scene 00' and the new, expanded show control ideas, which I still consider an extremely useful detail, I'd like to share my understanding of the concerns you rose.

• Neither X32 fw V1.15, nor V2.02 loads any scenes while starting up
  • Upon booting, X32 returns to the exact, last stored temporary state it was in before the power cycle
  • When the last stored state includes a stored or loaded scene, than that scene number will be displayed in the top status bar
  • Saving all (apprx. 10k) parameters to flash, is done by a background process and may take up to two minutes worst-case; or 5s when Safe Shutdown by pressing HOME is used
  • Before doing the update from V1.15 to V2.02 we recommend saving the current state to a scene and then exporting the show with all scenes to a USB stick
  • V1.15 scenes and shows can of course be read from V2.02, as promised
  • The new expanded show management comprises 500 Cues, 100 Scenes, 100 Snippets
  • Depending on your preferences you may associate the prev/next/undo/go buttons and the display numbers with either one of the three Cues/Scenes/Snippets. See Setup/global preference
  • Scene 00 is exactly the same as all the other 100 scenes, with the sole special property of ignoring any and all of the global parameter and channel safes. E.g. you may use it for saving a complete default setup, including the patching/routing for your venue, while keeping the safes active. When bands or external engineers come to your place, they may load their own scenes, without messing with your local setup.
  • The X32 Edit app for PC/Mac/Linux is on its way. We currently target end of March for release. However, you can still use the 'old' X32 Edit 1.2 without synchronizing console/app.
  • The X32 Mix iPad app is likely to be released tomorrow, Wednesday. Due to Apple's policy regarding iOS5 devices, we can only get it approved for iOS 6 or 7 devices; hence iPad 1 will not be supported any longer, much to my regrets.

We found however, that the current display of the last stored scene number and name in V2.02 should be changed back to the way it was in V1.15. It will however remain depending on your preference regarding the show controls: cues/scenes/snippets, as mentioned above. We will amend this within 2.03, very soon.

Best,
Jan Duwe

Senior Engineer Conceptualization
Music Group Services EU GmbH
Jan Duwe
Senior Engineer Conceptualiztation
MUSIC-GROUP Innovation DE GmbH

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2014, 11:36:09 AM »

See my reply in your separate "Re: X32 2.02 Firmware....."

There is a remarkable 47 posts and yet only little factual clarity. Taking full responsibility for the  'Scene 00' and the new, expanded show control ideas, which I still consider an extremely useful detail, I'd like to share my understanding of the concerns you rose.

• Upon booting, X32 returns to the exact, last stored temporary state it was in before the power cycle
  • When the last stored state includes a stored or loaded scene, than that scene number will be displayed in the top status bar
  • Saving all (apprx. 10k) parameters to flash, is done by a background process and may take up to two minutes worst-case; or 5s when Safe Shutdown by pressing HOME is used
  • Before doing the update from V1.15 to V2.02 we recommend saving the current state to a scene and then exporting the show with all scenes to a USB stick
  • Depending on your preferences you may associate the prev/next/undo/go buttons and the display numbers with either one of the three Cues/Scenes/Snippets. See Setup/global preference
  • Scene 00 is exactly the same as all the other 100 scenes, with the sole special property of ignoring any and all of the global parameter and channel safes. E.g. you may use it for saving a complete default setup, including the patching/routing for your venue, while keeping the safes active. When bands or external engineers come to your place, they may load their own scenes, without messing with your local setup.
  • The X32 Edit app for PC/Mac/Linux is on its way. We currently target end of March for release. However, you can still use the 'old' X32 Edit 1.2 without synchronizing console/app.
  • The X32 Mix iPad app is likely to be released tomorrow, Wednesday. Due to Apple's policy regarding iOS5 devices, we can only get it approved for iOS 6 or 7 devices; hence iPad 1 will not be supported any longer, much to my regrets.

We found however, that the current display of the last stored scene number and name in V2.02 should be changed back to the way it was in V1.15. It will however remain depending on your preference regarding the show controls: cues/scenes/snippets, as mentioned above. We will amend this within 2.03, very soon.

Best,
Jan Duwe

"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2014, 11:43:43 AM »

Best,
Jan Duwe

Thanks for the information. Kinda depressed about the iPad 1(that's what I have and use along with my Nexus 4 and the Mixing Station app), stupid Apple. Nice to hear all of that from the source. I'm guessing if I want to keep using my iPad 1 I need to stay on v1.15?

P. S. An Android tablet equilivent to the iPad app would be very AWESOME.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2014, 11:43:43 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.