ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 2.02 Firmware..... Likes and issues?  (Read 75182 times)

Per Sovik

• Sogn, Norway, Europe
Re: Scene 00
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2014, 04:58:56 AM »

See my correction above. Scene 00 does not autoload upon restart unless it was the last state autosaved. I think my questions to you are still valid, though.

OK, that one laid to rest then.

As for what has been requested, by having a scene autoload if and only if present (yes, I know you can't load a scene that isn't there  ;D ) one can ensure that an install console always powers up the same way, even if someone have played around and got lost. Such a autoload will not be a hindrance to experienced users, that can easily save whatever they are working on in a scene. Relying on autosaved states being retained is a stupid practice that will bite you in the ass at some point, so just get used to saving properly and avoid issues.

Brian Wynn

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2014, 10:25:40 AM »

I'm not mad at anyone. I was simply firing back after being fired at.
It's to bad you can't show sarcasm very well in print.

Anyway my point was to bring this issue to light so that it can be corrected on the next update. And yes before you say it's a non issue Behringer has confirmed that it does not function as intended at this point.

I also feel it's my job to find any bugs or issues with system and report back to the mother ship.  Just as I did with the x32 esd problem that I found and corrected. Your welcome.

And to James you fired at me with a rubber band gun so I fired back with a cannon I'm sorry for that.

No way am I angry with Behringer over this issue or any. Let's face it in my opinion they are the fasteest of any of the companies to do updates, fixes and to introduce new products.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 10:35:53 AM by Brian Wynn »

Per Sovik

• Sogn, Norway, Europe
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2014, 01:00:45 AM »

Anyway my point was to bring this issue to light so that it can be corrected on the next update. And yes before you say it's a non issue Behringer has confirmed that it does not function as intended at this point.

What is it that doesn't work as intended?
- That it returns to the saved scene if there has been changes after the last auto-save?
- That it doesn't indicate what scene has been loaded?

What were Behringers stated intentions?

I'm asking because it isn't clear to me, it's not rhetorical.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 01:18:40 AM by Per Sovik »

Brian Wynn

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2014, 05:12:30 AM »

What is it that doesn't work as intended?
- That it returns to the saved scene if there has been changes after the last auto-save?
- That it doesn't indicate what scene has been loaded?

What were Behringers stated intentions?

I'm asking because it isn't clear to me, it's not rhetorical.

The name not appearing at the top of the screen and the fact that when the desk gets power cycled the cursor moves to the scene 00 in the list.  It was also said that maybe the auto save feature should save sooner than 2 minutes.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 12:37:12 PM by Brian Wynn »

Per Sovik

• Sogn, Norway, Europe
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2014, 03:28:39 PM »

The name not appearing at the top of the screen and the fact that when the desk gets power cycled the cursor moves to the scene 00 in the list.  It was also said that maybe the auto save feature should save sooner than 2 minutes.

OK, got it. The first one is obviously a flaw if not a bug.

The second one I'm not totally convinced about as one should always save what one wants to keep, so there should be no need to make the autosave more frequent and thus encouraging bad habits.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2014, 03:54:15 PM »

The second one I'm not totally convinced about as one should always save what one wants to keep, so there should be no need to make the autosave more frequent and thus encouraging bad habits.

The console shouldn't have to return to a saved scene. It should return to the last state it was in whether saved or not, every other console does.

Mac

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2014, 04:16:54 PM »

I don't know how often Yamaha mixers update anything but I know if power drops and the console reboots, it will come up in the exact state it was in.  The.  Exact.  State.

Avid Venue systems do the same, but I have more insight into how Venue works inside...  Venue writes a status file at intervals when the desk is idle or in normal fader-pushing/knob-turning operation.  It writes a new status file before saving or recalling snapshots, changing mute group/DCA/patching assignments, etc.  It writes a new status file before loading a new show file.  This has saved my ass... At any rate, the current control states are buffered and that buffer memory is stored on HD, too.  A reboot will take you right back where you were.

As I posted before, that's the way I want our consoles to respond, but there are certainly reasons to have different restore defaults.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2014, 07:16:37 AM »

The console shouldn't have to return to a saved scene. It should return to the last state it was in whether saved or not, every other console does.

Mac
Mac, and others, make a good point.
Yes, a UPS "should" be in use but that may not be the case.
Just return to previous state. Not a big ask by any means.
This, and other issues, is why I'm not jumping on the firmware update just yet.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
Upgrading from 1.15 -> 2.x
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2014, 12:43:23 PM »

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but...

When I upgrade from 1.15 to 2.x will I have to "rebuild" the board? As in all the patching, channel names, etc? Can I backup everything to a USB drive then restore the settings? I've got a board I installed in a church and I'd like to get it upgraded but I need to know how much time to allocate for the upgrade, because it'll take a while to rebuild all the settings like they are.

Thanks,
Tommy

James A. Griffin

Re: Upgrading from 1.15 -> 2.x
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2014, 12:47:16 PM »

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but...

When I upgrade from 1.15 to 2.x will I have to "rebuild" the board? As in all the patching, channel names, etc? Can I backup everything to a USB drive then restore the settings? I've got a board I installed in a church and I'd like to get it upgraded but I need to know how much time to allocate for the upgrade, because it'll take a while to rebuild all the settings like they are.

Yes, you have to start over.   The board resets when you update.   Files saved in 1.15 can't be read by 2.02.

I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Upgrading from 1.15 -> 2.x
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2014, 12:47:16 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.