ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 2.02 Firmware..... Likes and issues?  (Read 75164 times)

Robert Lofgren

Re: X32 2.02 Firmware..... Likes and issues?
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2014, 02:45:11 PM »

Is the Ipad app fully compatible with 2.02 or are we waiting for an updated app?
We are waiting for an updated app. There was an announcement that they are in final testing and will release it very soon...

James A. Griffin

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2014, 02:50:07 PM »

Dear James,
We are not able to replicate the Network settings issue, however it is true that these settings are reset during the update process from 1.15 to 2.02.

John,

Thanks for your reply.

When I was attempting to sync the console with my iPad in the manner that I've always done it, I had trouble getting it to connect.     Am I missing something in the connection process, or do I need to wait for an iPad update before it will work with 2.02?
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

James A. Griffin

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2014, 02:54:23 PM »

Has anyone else asked how having an RTA on every channel is going to help you? Maybe the spectrograph in some situations? I just don't see the benefits.

Having RTA on the monitor sends and main will identify specific frequencies that need to be cut when ringing out your system.  And for those who use wireless earsets and lavs, it will be useful to have that RTA helping ring out a particular mic, rather than the whole monitor send or main.

I know there are those who have trained themselves to do this by ear alone, but most of us will appreciate the additional help.
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

John DiNicola

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2014, 03:03:33 PM »

Dear James,
You will need to reenter your network settings on the X32 after the update. Also, the current version of the iPad app is not compatible with 2.0 and will not allow you to connect. We plan to have the compatible iPad app online over the coming days after testing is complete.

Best,
John DiNicola
Manager, Channel Marketing
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER

James A. Griffin

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014, 03:11:56 PM »

Dear James,
You will need to reenter your network settings on the X32 after the update. Also, the current version of the iPad app is not compatible with 2.0 and will not allow you to connect. We plan to have the compatible iPad app online over the coming days after testing is complete.

Thanks, that clears it up.. after re-setting the network info, I still couldn't connect.   Looking forward to the app.

Brian Wynn

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2014, 04:49:37 PM »

Okay I talked with Zach at Behringer tech support this morning and he was able to replicate the scene 00 issue on the first try.  BUT we did find that if you wait 2 minutes for the desk to auto save the problem go's away.  The weird thing is if you save the scene yourself and then shutdown the desk before the 2 minute mark it still reverts back to 00 scene.  So I guess this is only a issue if you loss power in the first 2 minutes of boot up.  We also noticed that the scene names are not shown on the top of the screen like they did in 1.15.  Also we noticed that after a auto save and a power cycle that if you go back to the scene screen the 00 scene is highlighted but is not recalled. 

My personal opinion is that the 00 scene is stupid just like it is on the Midas Pro Series.  Who wants to wipe the desk with a scene you cant overwrite?  If you wanted a blank scene then make your own and save it in the first slot.  Give us the option.  Thank god you don't have store a snapshot in each scene for it save the scene like the Pro Series desk's that is just F**cking stupid!!!!

Brian Wynn

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2014, 04:57:57 PM »

[quote
Dear Brian,
We were not able to duplicate a return to scene 0 by power cycling the desk.
As Robert indicates, if you do not perform a “Safe Shutdown”, you may lose any changes made within the last minute or so. To perform a “Safe Shutdown” in version 2.02, lock the console by pressing and holding the HOME button.

Best Regards,
John DiNicola
Manager, Channel Marketing
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER
[/quote]

John you better talk with Zach in tech support in Las Vegas he confirmed that it does do it every time as long as you don't give the desk time to auto save.  Locking the console for a safe shutdown does solve the issue but what happens in the event of a power loss at the venue before the auto save feature kicks in?  I can do alot of mixing in 2 minutes.  I think the auto save feature should save every 30 seconds or less.  Like I indicated in my earlier post if I save the scene myself before the auto save feature kicks in and the desk gets power cycled it still goes back to scene 00.  Yes my changes where saved but after the power cycle I still have to go back and find my scene and load it up which is ok.   So that tells me the desk knows the difference between auto save and human saving.  Just my 2 cents...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 05:01:49 PM by Brian Wynn »

James A. Griffin

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2014, 05:09:18 PM »

My personal opinion is that the 00 scene is stupid just like it is on the Midas Pro Series.  Who wants to wipe the desk with a scene you cant overwrite?  If you wanted a blank scene then make your own and save it in the first slot.  Give us the option.  Thank god you don't have store a snapshot in each scene for it save the scene like the Pro Series desk's that is just F**cking stupid!!!!

Who is Brian Wynn and why is he so pissed off about a fairly trivial issue?

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2014, 05:18:24 PM »

Who is Brian Wynn and why is he so pissed off about a fairly trivial issue?

It's only trivial until it happens in the middle of a gig and screws up a bad situation more.

Having the console power down and up will be bad enough, but then having to find where you were rather than it coming back where it was is going in the wrong direction from where 1.15 has been for the last 9 months or so.

Brian is anticipating the worst and trying to plan for that, which is what I do and IMHO what everyone in our position should be doing, too.

Robert Piascik

• Westerville, OH (near Columbus)
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2014, 06:34:35 PM »

We are waiting for an updated app. There was an announcement that they are in final testing and will release it very soon...

I updated my X-32R today only to find that the iPad app 2.1.3 is not compatible. The Behringer website shows 2.1.4 as the latest version but when you click on it it takes you to iTunes where you can only download 2.1.3! So in order to do my show tomorrow (mixing from iPad) I had to re-install 1.15. That's pretty irritating.

Pi Entertainment Services
Midas M32R / MR18
Behringer X32R
Danley SH50 / SM80 / TH118 / TH115
Fulcrum Acoustic fa22ac
RCF NX 12SMA
Yamaha DSR112 / DZR10
Powersoft X4 / M50Q
Crown iT8k

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2014, 06:34:35 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.