ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha Announcement  (Read 53121 times)

Gary Creely

Re: Yamaha Announcement
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2014, 06:07:55 PM »

If I were competing directly with Behringer I'd want to be Yamaha or a similar company. It will take good design and cost effective manufacturing. Yamaha is not a stranger to either.

Yamaha did not stay in business for hundreds of years by giving up markets they pioneered (like digital mixers).

Just sayin... not predicting.

JR

Another interesting point here is that Yamaha already does compete with behringer in the low-end analog market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christian Tepfer

• Klanggestaltung Blog (German)
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2014, 06:39:12 PM »

My bet is on a PMxD series replacement.

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk

Christian Tepfer
christian at amanya dot de

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2014, 06:50:02 PM »

My bet is on a PMxD series replacement.

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk

Here's hoping…

Mac

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2014, 08:19:57 PM »

Here's hoping…

Mac

Maybe a newer PMx series starting with a$3K board. For sure though they have to compete at the lower level. It's not a question of will they or should they, just a question of when, and that time is coming.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2014, 08:39:39 PM »

This x1,000...If there is any company in the pro audio (and pro music) industry that can take on Behrigner/Music Group, it IS Yamaha, and I'm pretty sure their plan involves cost effective products that have a quality that Behringer can't even come close to.
We have a tendency to confuse quality and features. Many things that professionals consider as markers of quality, are just features that professionals are willing to pay extra for.

I suspect a competitive response from Yamaha to say the X32 mixer will be more similar than different, as defined by chips used inside, etc. The Yamaha brand seems to be highly regarded, as long as we conveniently forget about the Yamaha value offerings.  :-X

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Bill Schnake

• Schnake Sound
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2014, 10:18:23 PM »

Well for my two cents, I would like to see Yamaha come out with something in a 40 - 48 channel that would replace the M7.  Updated electronics, better preamps, with a touch screen.  I have used the SC48 and X32 using layers so it wouldn't bother me a bit to have a Yamaha the size of an SC48 with 48 channels.  It would be nice if they would update the Rack from 8 to 16 effects.  I know it's starting to sound a lot like the CL Series.

Bill   8)
Bill Schnake

217.670.1328    Office
217.553.2278    Cell
Schnake Sound, Inc

Experience, Expertise, Professionalism and Reliability

jason misterka

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2014, 10:23:57 PM »

Well for my two cents, I would like to see Yamaha come out with something in a 40 - 48 channel that would replace the M7.  Updated electronics, better preamps, with a touch screen.  I have used the SC48 and X32 using layers so it wouldn't bother me a bit to have a Yamaha the size of an SC48 with 48 channels.  It would be nice if they would update the Rack from 8 to 16 effects.  I know it's starting to sound a lot like the CL Series.

Bill   8)

Yeah, actually I would be happy with a Midas-style price drop on the CL consoles, that would get them in the ballpark :)  Well, that's because I'm buying and not selling right now...

Otherwise, even for a CL1 with a 32 channel box, I believe you are looking at significantly over $15,000.  Not quite the LS9-32 replacement for our B and C systems.

Jason

Milt Hathaway

• http://www.fitzcosound.com
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2014, 05:53:02 AM »

I know it's starting to sound a lot like the CL Series.

Bill   8)

Yup, that's a CL1. Only 8 slots in the effects rack still, but you add 2 separate EQ racks and the Premium rack. Priced with a Rio3224 + Rio1608 is about the same as the 48 channel M7CL.

Operationally and audibly it is an improvement on the M7CL, even before you begin populating the Premium rack. Plus YMMV but I can lift CL1 on and off a table myself when necessary.
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX
http://www.fitzcosound.com

Chris Johnson [UK]

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2014, 07:54:01 AM »

Unfortunately CLs are too expensive IMO.

They are the right direction for Yamaha, and price aside, replace both the M7 and 5D lines quite nicely with a system that sounds good, is physically compact, and has a broad feature set.

But Japanese manufacturing is expensive, hence the price of the CL. Even the M7s list price today is more than it was when it came out!
Riedel Communications

Gary Creely

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2014, 08:10:33 AM »

Unfortunately CLs are too expensive

I would definitely agree. There are just too many good choices out there at those price points and lower, many of which are better products in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2014, 08:10:33 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 25 queries.