ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha Announcement  (Read 53370 times)

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: Yamaha Announcement
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2014, 08:43:34 AM »

Yup, that's a CL1. Only 8 slots in the effects rack still, but you add 2 separate EQ racks and the Premium rack. Priced with a Rio3224 + Rio1608 is about the same as the 48 channel M7CL.

Operationally and audibly it is an improvement on the M7CL, even before you begin populating the Premium rack. Plus YMMV but I can lift CL1 on and off a table myself when necessary.
18 faders is a little hard to swallow for those coming off the M7. 

I agree about the price drop - 30% off the CL line would make them a lot more attractive.

Christian Tepfer

• Klanggestaltung Blog (German)
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2014, 09:38:46 AM »

I agree about the price drop - 30% off the CL line would make them a lot more attractive.
Agreed. The CL1 surface is no M7CL replacement regarding faders. I liked the CL5 enough to be a significant upgrade from the M7CL though. A price drop on the CL series and a PMxD replacement would be a dream.

But maybe they bring a stripped version of the CL.

Soon we will know...
Christian Tepfer
christian at amanya dot de

Milt Hathaway

• http://www.fitzcosound.com
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2014, 09:48:21 AM »

I found that after quite a few hours on the M7, I was almost never moving away from the center section. You couldn't do anything but fader control on the other sections, and it got to a point where I never thought about finding and reaching for a fader I could get better control of with one button push. The custom pages in the CL has made it even easier.

But I understand that every has different styles. That's why there are choices. I can't stand mixing on a PM5D myself, so that's my perspective.
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX
http://www.fitzcosound.com

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2014, 11:36:37 AM »

I found that after quite a few hours on the M7, I was almost never moving away from the center section. You couldn't do anything but fader control on the other sections, and it got to a point where I never thought about finding and reaching for a fader I could get better control of with one button push. The custom pages in the CL has made it even easier.

But I understand that every has different styles. That's why there are choices. I can't stand mixing on a PM5D myself, so that's my perspective.
I'm the opposite - our church has an M7 and I tend to mix old-school on the channel faders, even though I own a GLD and mix "new school" on my own board. 

Since one of the original major selling points of the M7 was one fader per thing and no doubt many were chosen for just that reason, I find it more likely that folks  equate M7 functionally to the CL5 - and they're not remotely in the same price category.

Bill Schnake

• Schnake Sound
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2014, 11:49:29 AM »

That is one of the things that I need to wrap my head around, getting more out of the CL section of the mixer.  For the market that we work with, the CL3 with a Rio3224-D and a Rio1608-D would work like a champ.  However, it is currently cost prohibitive.  I need to talk with Mason and see how rider friendly his CL5s are compared to his Avid Profiles.  That might help give me a little more clarity.

Bill  8)
Bill Schnake

217.670.1328    Office
217.553.2278    Cell
Schnake Sound, Inc

Experience, Expertise, Professionalism and Reliability

Matthew Knischewsky

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2014, 01:59:29 PM »

I have to agree with TJ and Bill. The reason why I prefer the M7 (or LS9) over other options is because every input is on the surface, and I tend to leave the CL section set to mix sends or DCAs. I feel like I can mix much faster when I'm not changing fader banks to access channels-or at least the majority of channels. For most of the shows I'm doing right now I feel that being fast on the surface often trumps the perceived sonic improvements of the newer generation of consoles with less input channel faders.

Matt

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2014, 09:18:03 PM »

And the winner is …  an LS9 replacement.

http://yamahacommercialaudiosystems.com/downloads/broch_pdfs/QL_Brochure_draft_EN_fin_each.pdf

Did the web dev put this up early or is there another shoe to drop?  Or is it just already 12 March in Japan?

jason misterka

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2014, 09:40:45 PM »

http://yamahacommercialaudiosystems.com/downloads/broch_pdfs/QL_Brochure_draft_EN_fin_each.pdf

Did the web dev put this up early or is there another shoe to drop?  Or is it just already 12 March in Japan?

Wow. Really.

Scott Helmke

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2014, 09:47:34 PM »

Yup, it's already March 12 in Japan.  Also Germany.  Though the show probably won't open for a few more hours.

Mike Maly

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2014, 09:54:33 PM »

In my opinion, very cool! Just wonder how much it costs. I believe Soundcraft missed the boat on the Vi3000...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Maly Sound:
Hear the difference

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2014, 09:54:33 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.