ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha 01 - NOT 96 any good?  (Read 15835 times)

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
Re: Yamaha 01 - NOT 96 any good?
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2014, 04:41:43 PM »

TJ...

As usual, you are a kind and patient fellow.  I would not give the Yamaha manuals more than 3 out of 10.  I think they were written by the advertising department...

Actually, I think they were written by the engineers who were so familiar with the product that they didn't think of others. Add to that translating, and it becomes a bit rough. Mackie's manuals strike the balance between knowledge and humor (at least for me).

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2014, 04:53:16 PM »

Actually, I think they were written by the engineers who were so familiar with the product that they didn't think of others. Add to that translating, and it becomes a bit rough. Mackie's manuals strike the balance between knowledge and humor (at least for me).

Mackie manuals do make for a more entertaining read than most user manuals; I know the one for my 1640 has some funny stuff in it. Their marketing dept. definitely had some input in it though.  ;D

Josh Millward

• Meridian, MS
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2014, 05:01:57 PM »

They do make some good compact tractors though; I know if I was in the market for one that's what I'd buy.

Yep, that is what I bought. I love it to death. Of course, I ostensibly bought it as a "lawn mower", so I have the 54" mower deck under it... but it also has the a three point on the back with a real PTO and a loader on the front. The only problem I have is that I got it with the R4 tires and they can be a little rough on the lawn if you turn too sharp, so I may have to get a set of turf tires for it someday.

Kubota made it easy to buy, too! It was simply 25% down, 1.99% financing on the balance for 5 years.
Josh Millward
Danley Sound Labs

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2014, 05:35:25 PM »

Yep, that is what I bought. I love it to death. Of course, I ostensibly bought it as a "lawn mower", so I have the 54" mower deck under it... but it also has the a three point on the back with a real PTO and a loader on the front. The only problem I have is that I got it with the R4 tires and they can be a little rough on the lawn if you turn too sharp, so I may have to get a set of turf tires for it someday.

Kubota made it easy to buy, too! It was simply 25% down, 1.99% financing on the balance for 5 years.

While I was working there we sold a couple of "big lawn mowers". These were probably bigger than yours though(we sold setups like you have all the time); they were the smaller cab tractors(L3240 I think) equipped with a 60+ inch belly mower and turf tires. If I can find a picture(I know I took one with my phone, old Motorola Q9c running Windows Mobile, but this was before I had Dropbox's Camera Upload) on the external drive at the house I'll post it later.

Josh Millward

• Meridian, MS
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2014, 05:56:20 PM »

While I was working there we sold a couple of "big lawn mowers". These were probably bigger than yours though(we sold setups like you have all the time); they were the smaller cab tractors(L3240 I think) equipped with a 60+ inch belly mower and turf tires. If I can find a picture(I know I took one with my phone, old Motorola Q9c running Windows Mobile, but this was before I had Dropbox's Camera Upload) on the external drive at the house I'll post it later.

Yeah, mine is just a little B2920, no cab of course... I don't really need one for this little tractor. If I got a full size tractor and I used it regularly in the summertime around here, I'd definitely get a cab with air conditioning.

I had the option of getting a 60" deck with my tractor, but I opted for the smaller 54" and it actually works better with the odd shapes and features I have in my yard.

However, I totally love the power steering and hydrostatic transmission. It makes it a lot easier to not spill my beer while I'm mowing the yard.
Josh Millward
Danley Sound Labs

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2014, 06:49:45 PM »

The original 01v could make a fine in ear board for a low input combo or group.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Jay Barracato

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2014, 07:24:31 PM »

There is nothing "wrong" with an 01v. As long as you can get by on 12 mic plus 4 line inputs and only need 4 monitor mixes. These boards were, and still are excellent workhorses. They rarely ever have problems, but when they do they are cheap enough to replace with another one.

I would buy it if it is excellent shape and just hang on to it as a spare...
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2014, 08:12:53 PM »

Yeah, mine is just a little B2920, no cab of course... I don't really need one for this little tractor. If I got a full size tractor and I used it regularly in the summertime around here, I'd definitely get a cab with air conditioning.

I had the option of getting a 60" deck with my tractor, but I opted for the smaller 54" and it actually works better with the odd shapes and features I have in my yard.

However, I totally love the power steering and hydrostatic transmission. It makes it a lot easier to not spill my beer while I'm mowing the yard.

I have the BX2200 with the 50" snowblower (I gave no lawn so the tires are fine). I need a new blower though as there is daylight in the impeller housing.

I started with Mackie desks, got a DDX3216, replaced one of the Mackies with an A&H GL2200 (I must like that number :-) then got a 01v96 to replace the 3216. After that I replaced the A&H with a LS9-32 and last year added a GLD80.

The 01v96 still gets used though not so much. The Mackie 1202 & 1402 more so.
The LS9 & the GLD are the workhorses for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2014, 09:14:24 PM »

Yeah, I think for most people the 54 is a better option. They also make 72s but you need a lot of open ground for then to make sense. And the hydrostatic transmissions are awesome, even on the bigger tractors.

Sent from my Nexus 4 running OmniROM 4.4 KitKat using Tapatalk Pro

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2014, 09:32:13 PM »

One of things I LOVE about this forum is the fact it can start out discussing digital mixing consoles and without warning do a total 90 degree into tractors...

I must be such a tomboy.....I LOVE tractors too - yep.  I once owned an old Ford for about a month till it died - well actually it fell apart. The engine still turned over but it wasn't attached to anything !!!
It cost me next to nothing and worked out cheaper than renting one for the grading job I did in my back yard. I sold it for parts and made money.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2014, 09:32:13 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.