ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cash-strapped nightclub/music venue fix-up  (Read 12877 times)

Craig Hamilton

Re: Cash-strapped nightclub/music venue fix-up
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2014, 11:33:00 PM »

Why would they spend money on sound gear when you bring working stuff in?
What is in it for them?

You seem to be the one who wants to fix the sound system. What is your interest in it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Exactly

Either continue to provide a rental system each week for a decent rate or convince them to budget some money for repairs if their gear isnt cutting it or walk away. Never subsidize a bar with cheap or free gear when they are raking it in at the bar. Sounds like the owners as you said want to buy alcohol and not spend a dime on any other expenses and are prob just trying to cleanup and then bail.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2014, 05:59:38 PM »

Exactly

Either continue to provide a rental system each week for a decent rate or convince them to budget some money for repairs if their gear isnt cutting it or walk away. Never subsidize a bar with cheap or free gear when they are raking it in at the bar. Sounds like the owners as you said want to buy alcohol and not spend a dime on any other expenses and are prob just trying to cleanup and then bail.

That was my gut feeling much earlier in this thread...  However the new owners are the original owners, and they own the building.  I doubt they'd bail because liens could be attached to the real estate but you never know...

What I don't see is a passion for the guest experience.  The time to make improvements is when the money is flowing, rather than waiting until the business gets lousy and having no cash flow to make improvements with.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Craig Hamilton

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2014, 06:23:10 PM »

No he said the building owners got out awhile ago and have been leasing it out and the current operators are new about 6 months and are probably new to the business. The comment of no proper POS system or going to the next door business to run Credit Cards just screams of fly by night operators just raking in the cash. Keep renting them equipment each week until you find the place shut down and ensure you are making good money too. They need to see what a night of no music would do to their cash flow to realize they need to  spend some money on something other than alcohol.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2014, 01:04:42 PM »

No he said the building owners got out awhile ago and have been leasing it out and the current operators are new about 6 months and are probably new to the business. The comment of no proper POS system or going to the next door business to run Credit Cards just screams of fly by night operators just raking in the cash. Keep renting them equipment each week until you find the place shut down and ensure you are making good money too. They need to see what a night of no music would do to their cash flow to realize they need to  spend some money on something other than alcohol.

Yup, I just went back, re-read the whole thread.

They're pump and dump.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Craig Hamilton

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2014, 05:42:56 PM »

Yup, I just went back, re-read the whole thread.

They're pump and dump.

yup, they are only there to make as much money as they can until they cant anymore. they probably also are hiding most of the sales as cash that they aren't reporting or paying tax on.

Mike Sullivan

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2014, 11:43:13 PM »

Well I don't have to worry about it anymore, one of the owners hates me for no apparent reason, so I'm not wasting my time there.  I'd rather it sit in the trailer than sit around for 6 hours a night for little pay.  Hell, they had a show a month ago with an artist that cost $15k, didn't break even (even with a packed house) and now they booked a $28k artist with a full band that needs full production, and they didn't like our quote which gave them the minimum required backline and PA for the venue, and they called the owner of the company for the quote and bitched at him for no reason.  They won't last...I hope I win the lottery soon, give that place a complete makeover.
When you're reading a topic, and the word "Danley" comes up...RUN!!!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2014, 11:43:13 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.