ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help with Yamaha emx pw'd mixer monitor effects  (Read 2768 times)

Tom Piarowski

Need help with Yamaha emx pw'd mixer monitor effects
« on: June 15, 2014, 01:53:46 AM »

Anybody out there have any experience with the Yamaha powered mixers EMX series? Mine is a EMX66M and the issue I have is I do not like the effects that are on board so I run a digital delay (correctly I assume as per the manual and the only way I know how) by EFFECT OUT to the delay and from the delay to the AUX IN.  I also run in Main/Mon mode with the amps split so I have separate main and monitor control utilizing the two 300w amps.  What happens that on the main control the Aux In knob is like an effects return control and the effects work great but on the monitor control there is no Aux In and the monitor mix is bone dry.  I can only get effects thru the monitors if I choose to use the on board effects.  Why can't I  / or how can I get the same aux effects vocals sound routed to the monitors?  I also have a Samson S83 8 ch powered mixer and it has no monitor amp - only a send which the manual says is pre-fade and independent of the eq and settings of the main amp - I would hook up the delay to that unit too but never had a monitor amp or monitors hooked up - would I have the same issues?  (sorry for my ignorance but I am pretty low tech and just want to be able to get my delay effected vocals to the monitors rather than a bone dry mix.... Please help... :'(

Richard Turner

Re: Need help with Yamaha emx pw'd mixer monitor effects
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 11:52:54 AM »

use an adapter to go to rca connectors and route the effects output to the 2trk in if you absolutly must have the effect routed to monitor
Looking at retiring. Local PA market has shrank to 2 guys with guitars and bose l1 compacts or expecting full line array and 16 movers on stage for $300... no middle left going back to event DJ stuff, half the work for twice the pay.

Scott Harris

• Subwoofer forum
  • Worcester, MA
    • Running Sound
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 12:49:54 PM »

Return to a channel input if you must, but the majority of people run the monitors dry on purpose.

Alex Rigodanzo

• U.P. of MI "M Go Blue!"
    • Next Myle band
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 10:09:25 PM »

Return to a channel input if you must, but the majority of people run the monitors dry on purpose.

X2.  Every singer I've worked with goes crazy if there's effects in their monitor mix.
I'm not single, I'm in a long-term relationship with Freedom

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 10:09:25 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.