ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: SM57 Differance???  (Read 8095 times)

Michael A. Yates

Re: SM57 Differance???
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2014, 12:47:38 PM »

It probably also says Shure Brothers instead of just Shure.

Yes in fact... Shure Brothers Incorporated. Also Made in the USA Patented. I think the newer stuff says made in Mexico.

I have found 2 so far in my storage room. Only one worked. Have not investigated why the other one is not working yet. May just be a broke wire. I have the one that works for sell in the marketplace for $25.00. haha I really have to get rid of some of this stuff in storage. 

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2014, 03:47:07 PM »

Speaking of Unidyne  57's, how do you remove the grille? I was doing my annual mic cleaning this weekend and didn't find a way to remove the grilles.
Mark McFarlane

Geoff Doane

• Halifax, NS
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2014, 05:53:49 PM »

Speaking of Unidyne  57's, how do you remove the grille? I was doing my annual mic cleaning this weekend and didn't find a way to remove the grilles.

Usually with a drumstick.

Then you have the problem of how to put it back on.

There is a little spring "C-ring" that holds the grill in place.  Shure probably has some special tool for installing (and maybe removing) them.

GTD

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2014, 08:38:54 AM »

Usually with a drumstick.

Then you have the problem of how to put it back on.

There is a little spring "C-ring" that holds the grill in place.  Shure probably has some special tool for installing (and maybe removing) them.

GTD

Thanks Geoff. I broke out my magnifying glass and there dis very little clearance around the grille.  Nothing I can do apparently.  It should be fine, I doubt these were spit into too many times,... I picked up a couple used Unidynes from a friend for $30 each. They work fine.  Cosmetically they are 'like new'.
Mark McFarlane

Michael A. Yates

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2014, 09:51:17 AM »

Thanks Geoff. I broke out my magnifying glass and there dis very little clearance around the grille.  Nothing I can do apparently.  It should be fine, I doubt these were spit into too many times,... I picked up a couple used Unidynes from a friend for $30 each. They work fine.  Cosmetically they are 'like new'.

Sold the one I had in the market place last night. I have another one that's broke. Anyone know it shure will still repair them or if they are worth getting fixed?

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2014, 10:33:09 AM »

Sold the one I had in the market place last night. I have another one that's broke. Anyone know it shure will still repair them or if they are worth getting fixed?

Shure has a flat-rate repair/replace program.  Check their web site for details.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2014, 10:33:09 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 25 queries.