ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless DMX on a budget  (Read 23931 times)

Cailen Waddell

Re: Wireless DMX on a budget
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2014, 10:34:31 PM »

With the right software - yes! 

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2014, 11:25:38 PM »

With the right software - yes!

Great...then that is what I will do. Thank you everyone !!!
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Ray Cerwinski

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2014, 02:12:07 AM »

So to keep things simple, I could get one of these:

http://www.fullcompass.com/product/420401.html?utm_source=googleps&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=googleps&gclid=CIP2h7Pl47wCFW3NOgod5SMAUg

.....and connect it to my router. Then connect it out to my lights via DMX cable. Right??

That would be a device compatible with Luminair should you choose to go that route.
Ray Cerwinski

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2014, 07:01:50 PM »

I came across this converter too.

http://www.amazon.com/ArtNet-DMX-Converter-protocol-Interface-Ethernet/dp/B00COXBR9E/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1393286201&sr=8-4&keywords=dmx+ethernet

I already have the Enttec open DMX converter which I have used with my laptop and it works flawlessly so for the extra $61 it might be worth going with a tried and tested product i.e. the Enttec art net product  quoted in my last post
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2014, 07:04:28 PM »

That would be a device compatible with Luminair should you choose to go that route.

I do feel that Luminair offers MUCH more than I need and I hate to spend the money to get so few controls but if my options are limited - then full steam ahead !

John Moore

• "learning the hard way sucks donkey kong"
    • Trinity Productions
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2014, 10:43:46 PM »

Look at www.dmx2go.com, they have a interface we used that connects to wireless DMX units and interfaces to your router so you can connect with iPad or iPhone, etc. We put one in a school and they love it...works every time. It is their Pockt DMX Wifi NETport
http://www.trinityprosound.com 209-832-8023
DEALER:Dealer for Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, Danley Sound Labs, VTC, Allen & Heath, Ashly, Denon,  Audix, One Systems, Beyerdynamic, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate,  Trusst, Road Ready, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, dB Technologies, RCF, American Audio,  Rapco, CBI Cables, ADJ, Chauvet, Blizzard, Furman, Shure, Tascam, Elite Screens,  BenQ, Midas, Digico,  and many many more...

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2014, 07:56:21 PM »

Look at www.dmx2go.com, they have a interface we used that connects to wireless DMX units and interfaces to your router so you can connect with iPad or iPhone, etc. We put one in a school and they love it...works every time. It is their Pockt DMX Wifi NETport

One more route to consider..thank you

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2014, 10:49:54 PM »

Update:

Took me a while because I have not been using lights for the shows I have been running but I just ordered an Enttec artnet/DMX dongle.
Finally decided to go this route and will use luminair or similar on my iPad mini.
Already using a router and iPad to mix sound. Looking forward to it.

Would there be any benefit to using a separate router than the one I use for my QU16?
Also is it worth spending the money on Luminair when there are a few free apps out there?.
I need very few functions.

Thank you

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2014, 04:33:52 PM »

So I'm confused.

My Enttec arrived today and I have spent far too long trying to get it to do something. I know it is me but I cannot work this out for the life of me. The paperwork that came with the Enttec indicates that this is a plug and play device but not much playing going on here.

Can someone help me out?

I have a simple 3 channel Par 64 LED lamp connected to the dongle.
Before I purchase Luminair, I wanted to use a basic free program just to test everything out. I have downloaded some that look like they should work but I cannot get them to do anything.
On my iPad I have tried Osram, Run the Show, airDMX and on my iPhone I tried Pocket DMX.
Osram found my router Ip address and allowed me to set up DMX channels and even some scenes but I still cannot get it to work. The others went into menus of terminology that might as well have been German to me.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2014, 06:15:47 PM »

So I'm confused.

My Enttec arrived today and I have spent far too long trying to get it to do something. I know it is me but I cannot work this out for the life of me. The paperwork that came with the Enttec indicates that this is a plug and play device but not much playing going on here.

Can someone help me out?

I have a simple 3 channel Par 64 LED lamp connected to the dongle.
Before I purchase Luminair, I wanted to use a basic free program just to test everything out. I have downloaded some that look like they should work but I cannot get them to do anything.
On my iPad I have tried Osram, Run the Show, airDMX and on my iPhone I tried Pocket DMX.
Osram found my router Ip address and allowed me to set up DMX channels and even some scenes but I still cannot get it to work. The others went into menus of terminology that might as well have been German to me.

What did you plug the dongle into? If the MacBook, then run something on it to test with before complicating things with a network.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2014, 06:15:47 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 23 queries.