ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Bad weather craziness today  (Read 18648 times)

Steve Oldridge

Re: Bad weather craziness today
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2014, 05:33:48 PM »

Ironically the forecast here in Raleigh, NC for wednesday is 70 - go figure?????????
Happens here in TX all the time.. usually accompanied by snow or ice, temps as low as 15, then back up to 60-70's in a matter of days. The ALLERGY capital of the planet.

forecast is 77 on President's day!

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2014, 05:45:01 PM »

Happens here in TX all the time.. usually accompanied by snow or ice, temps as low as 15, then back up to 60-70's in a matter of days. The ALLERGY capital of the planet.

forecast is 77 on President's day!

That pretty much describes this week.... It was cold and raining/sleeting/snowing Tuesday into Wednesday. :-/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2014, 12:05:36 AM »

How does today's earthquake fit in?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 12:13:06 AM by Jay Barracato »
Jay Barracato

Bob Kidd

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2014, 12:08:41 AM »

How does today's earthquake for in?

Hi Jay,  My family lives in your area. What earthquake?

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2014, 12:13:55 AM »

It was in south Carolina/ north Georgia.

Jay Barracato

Bob Kidd

« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2014, 12:42:00 AM »

It was in south Carolina/ north Georgia.

Oh, Thanks. Hope no one was hurt.

Jason Lavoie

« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2014, 05:17:42 PM »

My neighbors chipped in and got one of these

http://www.amazon.com/Snow-Wolf-SW0310-Wheeled-Shovel/dp/B001I7JWTO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392337548&sr=8-1&keywords=snow+wolf+shovel

It allows you to clear a path as fast as you can walk, and with no motor and almost no moving parts, there is little to go wrong. Doesn't hurt your back, either, although your shoulders and neck muscles get a workout.

Not much maintenance either, although the leading edge of the shovel can wear out if you don't get the sacrificial blade edge protector and replace it when it wears down. It weighs 19#, according to the info, although it feels like less.

I used it over last weekend and cleared about 200' of street and a few pathways and driveways in about 2 hours. Only 3" of snow, though.

Good luck to those getting repeatedly hammered by the weather. I hope you get through it safely and with as little bother as possible.

Where did you put the snow though?
here our snowbanks are already over 5' tall. not sure that would be of much use :)

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2014, 03:43:50 AM »

Where did you put the snow though?
here our snowbanks are already over 5' tall. not sure that would be of much use :)

Yes, a 5' toss would be pretty significant. The shovel is designed for you to toss the snow by simultaneously moving forward quickly then stopping and pushing down on the handle, which moves the shovel up. You can toss the snow upwards and forwards, maybe as high as 3 or 4' and 6 or 8' forward. 5' high would be a big toss, and the tossing is where your shoulder and neck muscles get a workout. Definitely not the way your back gets a workout from a regular snow shovel.

We generally don't get snow like you do, so it'll be rare for us to run out of space to put the snow.

There are videos and testimonials on Amazon of people from places that get more snow than us saying how well it works for them. Don't know if it would work for you.

Tom Bourke

• http://www.cwalv.com
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2014, 07:48:12 AM »

I don't have any pictures of the 30 year old snow blower I use to use when I lived in WI.  It started giving me problems in the last few years. Rather than buy a new one, or keep fixing the old one, we decided to move to Las Vegas this year ;D.  I really do feel sorry for the areas not use to snow.  In WI we would get bad snow and roads would be clear the next day.  Areas that don't get that much snow don't know how to deal with it, that makes 1/2 the snow twice as bad.

A few years ago we went to southern Washington state in December.  We got there just after the worst snow storm in 20 years.  I was driving around in a Prius like nothing was wrong the first day.  I would drive around people in 4x4 SUV's!  After a couple of days things got really bad.  Since the city did not clear the roads and parking lots were not legally required to be cleared like back home they got REALLY bad.  All that snow turned to compacted, rough, ice.

I wish I had had that 30 year old snow blower, I would have made thousands!
I have a mild form of Dyslexia that affects my ability to spell.  I do use spell checking to help but it does not always work.  My form of Dyslexia does not affect my reading.  Dyslexics of the world untie! <a href="http://www.cwalv.com" target="_blank">http://www.cwalv.com</a>

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2014, 01:12:16 PM »

We ended up with another 6-7 inches last night. The banks in front are around 6 feet high now. New blower threw the snow from the other side up and over to the point where I had to snow blow the road to clean it up. Could do without all this wind now....   :(

Douglas R. Allen

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2014, 01:12:16 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.