ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Digital Mixers  (Read 23735 times)

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
Re: Posting Rules
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2014, 05:47:25 PM »

An "iPad interface" is as reliable as the router that connects it to the mixer.   I've had no problems with wireless connectivity with my X32, X32 Core, or X32 Rack.

Agreed.  I have been using an iPad with my Presonus SL for almost two years.  100% reliable so far!  I started out with Belkin router which was great, but switched to an Apple Airport Express because it is smaller, no wall wart and works as well if not better.

Bill Schnake

• Schnake Sound
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2014, 07:38:46 AM »

thanks... does anyone know how reliable the ipad interface is?

We have been using the iPad interface with the X32 for over a year without a single drop out.  We started with the Lynksys E3000 routers and have moved to the Apple Airport Express so that we can also stream music from the iPad to the router for breaks and background.  We have done over 140 jobs last year with the iPad interface and no problems.

If you are going iPad go X32 rack for scaleability down the road.

Bill  :)
Bill Schnake

217.670.1328    Office
217.553.2278    Cell
Schnake Sound, Inc

Experience, Expertise, Professionalism and Reliability

Steve Oldridge

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2014, 12:46:58 PM »

We have been using the iPad interface with the X32 for over a year without a single drop out.  We started with the Lynksys E3000 routers and have moved to the Apple Airport Express so that we can also stream music from the iPad to the router for breaks and background.  We have done over 140 jobs last year with the iPad interface and no problems.

If you are going iPad go X32 rack for scaleability down the road.

Bill  :)
So the X32 models don't have built in Wifi and require routers (is what I'm hearing)?

James A. Griffin

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2014, 12:53:13 PM »

So the X32 models don't have built in Wifi and require routers (is what I'm hearing)?

Yes, the router is an add-on that you buy, not just Behringer but everyone else too.

The Behringer X18 which is scheduled for release late fall will be a 16x8 iPad only mixer with built in WiFi.  Street price will be about $800.
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2014, 12:58:44 PM »

No, they don't have built in WiFi, but I don't see that as a problem. I imagine that by using an external router/WAP you can get better performance than with something that could be built in.

George Dougherty

Wifi and Apps
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2014, 03:01:19 PM »

No, they don't have built in WiFi, but I don't see that as a problem. I imagine that by using an external router/WAP you can get better performance than with something that could be built in.

+100, wifi should be external where you can locate it for better LOS, Like up on a mic stand.  It's also better off being upgrade able.

Steve, I'd look at the options available for remote IEM control.  On my X32 rack I regularly have 5 users connected to tweak their own mixes. iPhone and soon Android apps are available and pretty simple to setup/use. Presonus' Wheel of me is kind of cool, but I prefer the Behringer's 4 MCA's which are essentially per-user groups to control multiple channels. On an iPhone 5 it even works like MIDAS' pop groups when turned sideways.

Steve Oldridge

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2014, 12:20:22 PM »

Yes, the router is an add-on that you buy, not just Behringer but everyone else too.
James, thanks.. I have run them with my Presonus 16.4.2 (since Win7 builtin networking on the laptop is unreliable).

Steve Oldridge

Re: Wifi and Apps
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2014, 12:27:57 PM »

+100, wifi should be external where you can locate it for better LOS, Like up on a mic stand.  It's also better off being upgrade able.

Steve, I'd look at the options available for remote IEM control.  On my X32 rack I regularly have 5 users connected to tweak their own mixes. iPhone and soon Android apps are available and pretty simple to setup/use. Presonus' Wheel of me is kind of cool, but I prefer the Behringer's 4 MCA's which are essentially per-user groups to control multiple channels. On an iPhone 5 it even works like MIDAS' pop groups when turned sideways.
George, thanks.. that was the info I was looking for. I have a Presonus 16.4.2 that I have mixed via iPad (plus router, etc.) It's cool. I have the Behringer iPad app installed, but no x32 on the other end!
Knowing that its stable (with attached router) for 5 folks is good to know.

This band (except drummer) is already wireless inbound, and looking at moving to IEM's soon.

Does anyone know if 5 iPads (or equivalent) running own mixes being completely wireless is likely to cause drop outs, overlap, or other interference in small to mid-size venues?

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2014, 12:57:16 PM »

Does anyone know if 5 iPads (or equivalent) running own mixes being completely wireless is likely to cause drop outs, overlap, or other interference in small to mid-size venues?

I've run six iPads, mine plus each band member for monitor mixes, with my Presonus-no problem.

Steve Oldridge

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2014, 04:46:15 PM »

I've run six iPads, mine plus each band member for monitor mixes, with my Presonus-no problem.
Thanks for the heads up!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2014, 04:46:15 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.