ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Presonus studiolive 24.4.2 issues  (Read 17639 times)

Brian Rodgers

Presonus studiolive 24.4.2 issues
« on: February 01, 2014, 11:38:44 PM »

So recently the Studiolive 24.4.2 at my church has started having some issues. The most annoying of which is that there are unresponsive faders. the Mains fader hardly ever works, it is set near unity and really can't be adjusted anymore. Also ch 23 & 24 are linked and every once in a while when it is all the way down it will spike in volume as if the contacts just shorted together(this is pretty rare though). Also all faders from channel 20 through main are unresponsive when i locate faders. The other issue We have is that when I connect it to our mac, it isn't recognized. all connections are good and the cable works. We had this problem before but it fixed itself when we upgraded to Mavericks, but now it has stopped working again and I cant find a solution. I recently upgraded universal control and firmware and it still doesn't work. We are running a 2007 imac with universal control 1.7.2 and firmware 1.0. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I really need a quick solution to the connection problem as at the moment we can't send the mixer to be serviced and we really need universal control to work. thanks in advance for any help.

Jonathan Goodall

• New Zealand
Re: Presonus studiolive 24.4.2 issues
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 12:56:57 AM »

So recently the Studiolive 24.4.2 at my church has started having some issues. The most annoying of which is that there are unresponsive faders. the Mains fader hardly ever works, it is set near unity and really can't be adjusted anymore. Also ch 23 & 24 are linked and every once in a while when it is all the way down it will spike in volume as if the contacts just shorted together(this is pretty rare though). Also all faders from channel 20 through main are unresponsive when i locate faders. The other issue We have is that when I connect it to our mac, it isn't recognized. all connections are good and the cable works. We had this problem before but it fixed itself when we upgraded to Mavericks, but now it has stopped working again and I cant find a solution. I recently upgraded universal control and firmware and it still doesn't work. We are running a 2007 imac with universal control 1.7.2 and firmware 1.0. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I really need a quick solution to the connection problem as at the moment we can't send the mixer to be serviced and we really need universal control to work. thanks in advance for any help.
When you are having level change issues, what do you see on the universe control software?
(have a read of this thread http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,146169.msg1345392.html#msg1345392 )

Brian Rodgers

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 08:13:06 AM »

Well last time UC worked the mains fader wouldn't work but I didn't get a chance to have a look at the other faders. Now of course the second part of my problem makes this an even bigger PITA because the computer won't recognize that the board is connected. I will try to get it to work again today but haven't had any luck the last few weeks.

Michael Gorecki

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 02:13:27 PM »

I am currently having this same problem. My ch 24 fader was randomly spiking when connected to UC. I sent the mixer in to an authorized repair center  and they said they couldn't get it to replicate the problem. But I had them replace that fader anyways. Now I'm wondering if its something with the firmware. I was having issues with that recently as well. At any rate I will have a new ch 24 fader and we will see if the problem is still there.

Good to know I'm not the only one with this problem.

John Sabine

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 02:29:42 PM »

What I discovered what that if the faders thought that they had been moved AT ALL, even though it might have been dust or moisture, then defaulted to wherever the console believed that the physical faders were moved to. For this reason I decided to only mix with UC with all faders at infinity or from the control surface of the console itself. This approach solved the problem. I have also seen some intermittent firewire connections do the same thing.
"I think it needs more barn"

Michael Gorecki

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 07:17:18 PM »

So I just got my mixer back from the repair center. They couldn't get the mixer to duplicate the problem at the shop but they didn't have UC. I decided to let them take a stab at anyways, I had already updated the firmware and this thread wasn't up yet so I didn't really know what to do. They decided to replace the fader channel and it took them about three weeks from the time I dropped it off and cost me about $120. But I've had it plugged in for about a half hour and so far so good. I guess I'll just have to keep it running and I'll let you guys know what happens.

Michael

Mike Appleby

• Play Tele, Ride Harley, Mix PreSonus!
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 11:34:54 PM »

Brian,

I have a SL 16.0.4 that I picked up used from about two months ago. For the record, this thing was full of quirks when I first started using it at home that seemed to defy reason. I went to the PreSonus knowledge base and starting reading. I dug deep into all the articles and studied compatibility issues with my firewire chipset on my laptop; different versions of Universal Control and the compatibility with Windows 8. In addition, I found that firewire and adapters don't get along well because of ground issues, so only one-piece firewire cables can be used between the console and the computer. On to the point...the Studio Live series mixers are fickle. In order to make my console work I had to update the firmware, tweak some registry entries in Windows 8, and install the right version of Universal Control that had been tested with Windows 8. I know you said you are using a MAC, but my point is...PreSonus has tested a lot of hardware with the Studio Live mixers and Universal Control and have posted their findings in their knowledge base. If you have already used the PreSonus knowledge base without success, my apologies for insulting your intelligence.  Some motherboard chipsets, firewire chipsets, and versions of Universal Control simply don't work well with Studio Live consoles. Sometimes using an older version of Universal Control works better than the newest version. I'm always learning, so when you discover new things with your SL console, share the love!

Happing
Mike "Small Soldier" Appleby
Guitarist, Semi-Pro Audio Engineer
Always humble, always learning.

Mike Appleby

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 11:45:13 PM »

Brian,

My apologies to you and fellow forum members...I forgot to change my display name for my first post. Won't happen again!

Mike

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 12:23:52 AM »

Brian,

My apologies to you and fellow forum members...I forgot to change my display name for my first post. Won't happen again!

Mike

Contrition goes a long way. Welcome to the forum Mike :), it's good to see another Harley rider.
Mark McFarlane

Mike Appleby

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 12:46:18 AM »

Brian,

Thanks for the welcome. I ride a 2007 FLHT (Electra Glide Standard)

Mike

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 12:46:18 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.