ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Fees for console multitracks  (Read 14569 times)

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
Fees for console multitracks
« on: January 30, 2014, 08:07:56 PM »

For question for touring engineers and venue engineers in the 300-1500 cap club / theatre market: What is the going rate to charge an artist for multitrack recordings straight off of one of the consoles? The boss at one of my venues wants to get something like a Digico UB MADI for our SD9 and charge artists for multitracks. A venue in the District is doing $100, which seems like a deal if they are free to use it. What rates have you guys seen?

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Re: Fees for console multitracks
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 08:38:11 PM »

Recording it is easy. You then need some media big enough for them to carry it away.
You need to charge for that too.

I charge $100 to record.  If they want a copy, then it is media cost (+ profit) and one hour at my rate. I can then delete the original if they want. I don't tend to record on to media I plan to send away (I use a FW800 enclosure with a 1.5tb disk).
Otherwise, mix down is hourly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Craig Montgomery

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 11:18:26 PM »

For question for touring engineers and venue engineers in the 300-1500 cap club / theatre market: What is the going rate to charge an artist for multitrack recordings straight off of one of the consoles? The boss at one of my venues wants to get something like a Digico UB MADI for our SD9 and charge artists for multitracks. A venue in the District is doing $100, which seems like a deal if they are free to use it. What rates have you guys seen?

We charge $200 plus tax.  Files are burned to DVD or bring your own drive.

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 11:43:11 PM »

We charge $200 plus tax.  Files are burned to DVD or bring your own drive.

Thanks, this is just what I wanted - a poll. Quickly - what console and what size venue?

Craig Montgomery

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 12:04:06 AM »

Thanks, this is just what I wanted - a poll. Quickly - what console and what size venue?

PM1D and Tascam X-48 mkII.  Venue seats 300.

www.thetripledoor.net

John Chiara

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 12:05:44 AM »

PM1D and Tascam X-48 mkII.  Venue seats 300.

www.thetripledoor.net
A 1D and X-48 for a 300 seater? Must be expensive seats!

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 12:44:41 AM »

A 1D and X-48 for a 300 seater? Must be expensive seats!

Looks like it might be though, looks super classy in the link. Vertec 4888 too. Thanks, Craig. Anyone else?

Jelmer de Jong

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 02:23:48 PM »

It depends on the purpose of the recording. If the artist requests a recording for something not mission-critical like youtube promotion or a podcast the price is $200 for 48ch right of the desk. In this case one of the engineers (mon/foh) presses record and if the rig fails we say 'shit happends' and don't bill the client.
If the artist requests a recording for something they think is really important (live in x DVD) we suggest dual recorders and a separate engineer. This person makes sureevery channels survives a scene change and listens for problems the other two engineers may have missed. Besides that he knows how the recording rig works and knows what to do when the damn things fails.  ;D
Price is $400.- plus the engineer.

The recording can be done on both internal and external harddrives, I prefer SSD's because they are less sensetive. Because harddrives have fucked up a recording more than once I don't record directly to a clients disk. Once the event is done the client can supply a disk with enough space(which not everyone thinks about) and they get a copy. The original is saved for a couple of moths, if the client destroys their copy we can make them happy! :)

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2014, 03:27:11 PM »

Great point. I hadn't thought of that. I'd imagined the first option mostly, but hasn't considered redundant operation.

Any other wildly different prices? So far I've got $100-200 for a 48 channel non redundant multitrack off a nice console, plus an option for redundancy for extra $.

Steve Alves

• South Florida
    • South Florida Sound
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2014, 05:54:03 PM »

How about just a stereo board recording on usb or CD. What should that cost?
Steven Alves
South Florida Sound, Fort Lauderdale, FL
www.southfloridasound.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2014, 05:54:03 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 24 queries.