ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Midas Pro2, Pop groups & Sends on faders. Quick Question.  (Read 5123 times)

Christopher Houghton

Midas Pro2, Pop groups & Sends on faders. Quick Question.
« on: February 03, 2014, 06:23:56 PM »

Quick question about the Pro 2 and Population groups. Is it possible to create a pop group that contains the critical channels I'm constantly riding and then put that into sends on faders mode? Or, does the pop group become unselected when you select a mix?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 07:11:57 PM by Christopher Houghton »

Jelmer de Jong

Re: Midas Pro2, Pop groups & Sends on faders. Quick Question.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 07:44:16 PM »

Quick question about the Pro 2 and Population groups. Is it possible to create a pop group that contains the critical channels I'm constantly riding and then put that into sends on faders mode? Or, does the pop group become unselected when you select a mix?
Switching to sends on fader or switching between mixes only changes the faderlevel, not the assigned pop/layer.

Peter Morris

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 05:55:59 AM »

When you select a send (while in sends on faders) only the channels selected (switched on) to that aux or matrix will populate the LH fader banks - just like a POP group.

The Pro 2 also has MCA groups. This may be what you are wanting. The master control association (MCA) groups control the contribution of the selected members to the select bus only. They operate like a VCA.

If you do a search, there are a few good YouTube clips that may help.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 06:03:52 AM by Peter Morris »

Josh Hana

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 11:02:03 AM »

I believe what you're aiming for is possible. If you select pop1 and then switch to sends on faders, you will (only) see the channels that are both members of the pop group and also being sent to that mix (ie the send is "on").

The MCAs behave in the same way, the members are the same global members as the VCAs, but once you switch to sends on faders (with MCA selected), the VCA faders will reset back to all unity and you will now have a separate set of the 8 VCA faders that only affect a single mix. Very useful.

Christopher Houghton

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 04:01:14 PM »

When you select a send (while in sends on faders) only the channels selected (switched on) to that aux or matrix will populate the LH fader banks - just like a POP group.

The Pro 2 also has MCA groups. This may be what you are wanting. The master control association (MCA) groups control the contribution of the selected members to the select bus only. They operate like a VCA.

If you do a search, there are a few good YouTube clips that may help.

Cool. Looks like I'm going to have to play with it. Been considering it as a monitor board for when I need to keep a small footprint.

Kyle Van Sandt

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 11:08:33 PM »

I believe what you're aiming for is possible. If you select pop1 and then switch to sends on faders, you will (only) see the channels that are both members of the pop group and also being sent to that mix (ie the send is "on").

Keep in mind that in order for the collapse/hide not on function to work as you wrote you have to have that mode selected in user preferences.  By default it is off. 
Kyle Van Sandt
Production Coordinator
The Egg, Albany, NY
vansandtdesigns.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 11:08:33 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.