ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Improper outlet use  (Read 18778 times)

Jeff Bankston

Re: Improper outlet use
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2013, 05:28:41 PM »

I don't know what they are but I have had a few things over the years which used that international and universal twisting two wires together connector!

Steve.
these were the hot ticket for connecting speaker cables to speaker cabinets until neutriks came along. twist lock electrical plugs and recepticals.

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2013, 09:47:06 PM »

did anyone ever have a speaker that used twist locks get connected to 120v ?
I remember that "back in the day" :-)
I also remember the co that had that rig (big Martin "phillishave" and 215 piles of bins) had it all wired backwards so you couldn't plug the speakers into live power if there ever was by chance a matching twistlock near amp world.  (I seem to recall they weren't normal 120V twistlocks either -something like an L2-20 for 2-pin or an L16-20 for 4-pin use)

I can image some of the new high-power subwoofer drivers available nowadays might not actually mind 120V line power :-)
Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2013, 01:36:09 AM »

Is this the connector which rips the outlet out of the wall rather than just disconnects if someone pulls the cable?

Steve.

Frank DeWitt

• LBP DI Box
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2013, 11:54:26 AM »

Is this the connector which rips the outlet out of the wall rather than just disconnects if someone pulls the cable?

Steve.

It would take more then a few hundred pounds pull if the outlet is installed properaly, but I guess it could be done.  If a connection that will let go when pulled on or accidentally kicked and will not be damaged, is needed then I have one

www.lbpinc.com/Flush kick proof floor connector.pdf

Frank
Not to Code

Bill McKelvey

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2014, 05:37:26 PM »

UPDATE
We were in this room saturday for a fashion show. I spoke with the banquet manager about the label. It is so the staff knows which outlet to use for their portable sound system. There are several outlets on the same circuit on each wall for fluff lighting and that one outlet is on its own circuit.

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2014, 06:53:25 PM »

UPDATE
We were in this room saturday for a fashion show. I spoke with the banquet manager about the label. It is so the staff knows which outlet to use for their portable sound system. There are several outlets on the same circuit on each wall for fluff lighting and that one outlet is on its own circuit.

That's good. Much better than the alternatives that were proposed.

Sent from my Nexus 4 running OmniROM 4.4 KitKat using Tapatalk Pro

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2014, 10:36:30 PM »

It is so the staff knows which outlet to use for their portable sound system.

Based on the labeling, I can only assume that "the staff" refers to the front desk staff, who probably know absolutely nothing about sound systems and call the whole works "the mic."

Kind of like the folks who call the display "the computer" and the whole PC tower "the hard drive." (A friend's grandma insisted on calling the display "the TV" -- back in the days of CRTs.)
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2014, 06:49:56 PM »

And if you push the button on the tower there is a neat automatic shelf that comes out and is a very nice cup holder.

I also heard about the call to the service desk about the computer that would not turn on.  Seems all the lights in the city were out too. 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2014, 06:49:56 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.