ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SC-48 Record issue..  (Read 2268 times)

Al Rettich

SC-48 Record issue..
« on: January 28, 2014, 09:30:52 PM »

Hello all! Okay had a problem last night I'm hoping someone out there has had before and can point me into the right direction.

SC-48 V.3
FW400 record.

Had a FW400 cable coming out of the desk. The green light next to the cable was lit up.
Going into a Apple MBP 15" running PT 10.

The computer saw the Avid Aggregate but wouldn't let you assign tracks.

On the SC-48 device page no computer popped up.

Changed cables, and computers. A week before I hooked my Apple 13" MBP up to it running Apple Logic X and it saw it no problems.

Wondering if it's the FW card?

Any ideas?

Jean-Pierre Coetzee

• Classic LAB
  • Gauteng, South Africa
Re: SC-48 Record issue..
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 07:20:00 AM »

Hello all! Okay had a problem last night I'm hoping someone out there has had before and can point me into the right direction.

SC-48 V.3
FW400 record.

Had a FW400 cable coming out of the desk. The green light next to the cable was lit up.
Going into a Apple MBP 15" running PT 10.

The computer saw the Avid Aggregate but wouldn't let you assign tracks.

On the SC-48 device page no computer popped up.

Changed cables, and computers. A week before I hooked my Apple 13" MBP up to it running Apple Logic X and it saw it no problems.

Wondering if it's the FW card?

Any ideas?

Did you try rebooting the console? Also I am assuming that you have the drivers installed on your mac as well, under Pro Tools you should be able to select the SC48 as an audio engine, if you cannot then there is an issue.

Always check on another PC/MAC that is known to work before you start calling the desk faulty.
I will also ask which version of the venue software is currently on the console, if it is not the latest version I would strongly recommend updating to the latest version.

There are numerous places where things can go wrong as well as in Pro Tools, I know that one version of Pro Tools 10 actually had an issue with the SC48 although I never experienced the issue, this would also have been cleared up with the latest update to Pro Tools 10 and according to Avid was cleared up entirely in Pro Tools 11 so which version of Pro Tools are you running?

These are all thing people will need to know before they can begin to help you. If all else fails contact Avid, they are quite happy to assist you in matters like this, you paid a lot of money for the console and you paid a lot of money for Pro Tools, use the support that comes with that.
Audio Technician
Word & Life Church

"If you want "loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw------

If you want "watts"-then plug in a toaster"
- Ivan Beaver

Sheldon Radford

• Avid VENEU Home Page
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 11:31:16 AM »

Hi Al,

One potential cause for this is that the FWx32 driver hasn't been installed on the Mac. Here's a link with more info:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/download/en435951

Sheldon Radford
Avid

Al Rettich

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 04:50:44 PM »

Sheldon,
Spoke with Mark, he as well mentioned the FWx32 driver. Even though my computer worked fine several days earlier, but all of a sudden with a different desk it didn't see it. We updated the console from v3.0 to v3.1.1 After the reboot, the computer came onto the device's page, recorded two shows with no problems. I'm a bit puzzled as to what's so different in 3.0 to 3.1.1 (for future reference only), but the band is happy, which makes me happy.. Thanks.
Hi Al,

One potential cause for this is that the FWx32 driver hasn't been installed on the Mac. Here's a link with more info:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/download/en435951

Sheldon Radford
Avid

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 04:50:44 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.