ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Just a suggestion here  (Read 12701 times)

duane massey

Just a suggestion here
« on: January 28, 2014, 09:41:53 AM »

Am I off base in suggesting that everyone who responds to a post should actually read that post first? If the OP says , for example, "My budget is $xxxx", why do responders suggest something that would be 4-5 times that amount? If the OP says " I play in small rooms and only mic the vocals", why does the discussion veer into powered subs? I don't mind the threads going off-topic, as that is the nature of these types of forums and part of the allure, but let's at least try to help the OP before we go down the rabbit hole.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Tom Roche

• Behind the Zion Curtain
Re: Just a suggestion here
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 02:31:59 PM »

I agree, smaller powered subs with twisted cables are a good fit for small spaces where vox is the only thing mic'd.  ::)

Kidding.  I, too, have noticed more posts in which responders obviously didn't read (or decided to ignore) the details of the OP.

Robert Weston

• Power is cheap, reputation is not.
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 03:18:38 PM »

Am I off base in suggesting that everyone who responds to a post should actually read that post first? If the OP says , for example, "My budget is $xxxx", why do responders suggest something that would be 4-5 times that amount? If the OP says " I play in small rooms and only mic the vocals", why does the discussion veer into powered subs? I don't mind the threads going off-topic, as that is the nature of these types of forums and part of the allure, but let's at least try to help the OP before we go down the rabbit hole.

Fellow posters whom do not respond with content, appropriate for the question, have usually "formulated" the original question into a subject that best suits their interests and knowledge; of which their responses may be accurate and warrant merit, but have very little to do with the question.  This phenomenon, has been loosely referred to as having "Homer Simpson Listening Skills", - citing, several episodes of the Simpson's when Marge asks Homer to take care of something and Homer responds with answers such as, "Yes, I would like a sandwich".

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 03:24:15 PM »

You definitely need to buy a line array...
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 03:28:19 PM »

I think it may be a bit similar to the group game where someone whispers something in one's ear, and in  turn that person whispers it into the next, and so on.  The last person recites what is heard - which many times has little to do with the original subject, and often quite funny. 

Yes, I would like a sandwich, Please.

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 03:35:57 PM »

You definitely need to buy a line array...

Say 3 VRX per side with 2 subs per side.  ::)

John Woodfield

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 03:46:23 PM »

Nah I'm still old school and a fan of the QRX. Line arrays are for sissies. How come Carvin never releases anything at NAMM?

Patrick Tracy

• SR Forums
  • Boulder, CO, USA
    • Boulder Sound Guy
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 03:46:55 PM »

Yes, I would like a sandwich, Please.

Salads are healthier.

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 04:00:16 PM »

Actually, salads are healthful,  People are healthy!  (well - some are).

What was this thread about?

Steve

Thomas Le

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 04:02:06 PM »

Driven by a Driverack PA. Don't forget the Auto EQ! The "smiley" curve give your system the "HI-FI" edge! ;D

lol

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 04:02:06 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.