ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha LS 9 headphone amp failure  (Read 1273 times)

Guy Morris

Yamaha LS 9 headphone amp failure
« on: January 26, 2014, 04:43:16 am »

Hi

The other night on an event my headphones went off so assumed problem with them and got
another pair however it appears the headphone amp is dead! Checked for any weird routing config but it was all ok and had been fine during the night,interestingly on two separate occasions
with this one desk I have had two pairs of beyer headphones blow on one side (I don't have them loud!) in all the years I have used Beyers I have never blown a set so now I'm thinking this could be connected?

Any one had a similar issue with the Ls32?   Easy to fix or a return to Yamaha?
I did check in the workshop quiet and there is no hp amp hiss when turned up without signal

Not ideal!

Guy >:(

Guy Morris

Re: Yamaha LS 9 headphone amp failure
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 05:07:52 pm »

Hi

The other night on an event my headphones went off so assumed problem with them and got
another pair however it appears the headphone amp is dead! Checked for any weird routing config but it was all ok and had been fine during the night,interestingly on two separate occasions
with this one desk I have had two pairs of beyer headphones blow on one side (I don't have them loud!) in all the years I have used Beyers I have never blown a set so now I'm thinking this could be connected?

Any one had a similar issue with the Ls32?   Easy to fix or a return to Yamaha?
I did check in the workshop quiet and there is no hp amp hiss when turned up without signal

Not ideal!

Guy >:(

Update :  Yamaha very helpful and said no history of this issue but offered to take the desk in and swap out headphone amp. As a final check to make sure it was not some weird routing I took the desk back to initial state and hey ho back came the HPA! Really cannot fathom why or what happened but great support from Yamaha uk just glad I found it before they did would have been a red face moment!

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Yamaha LS 9 headphone amp failure
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 05:07:52 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 22 queries.