ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Like that the R/E/P Forums are now included and accessable from here  (Read 2343 times)

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook

While there was probably a way to get to them, I do like that they're now incorporated as I do a fair amount of home recording. thanks.

Marlow Wilson

• Ottawa/Montreal CAN
Re: Like that the R/E/P Forums are now included and accessable from here
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 03:36:53 pm »

I haven't really checked out the new forums at all, but what does this all-in-one forum mean for searching within google?  Is the new search function good enough to make google unnecessary?  I suspect that as google makes further innovations and better searching possible some of us would prefer to use it to search but will be unable to separate the forums.  I guess it's a small point in the scheme of things, and the new search function looks to be better. 

I'm probably in the small group of users who are making this switch an opportunity to spend some time AWAY from these forums in any case.   

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 03:41:30 pm »

Possibly, but without any content in them the search feature is currently ineffective.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 03:50:33 pm »

While there was probably a way to get to them, I do like that they're now incorporated as I do a fair amount of home recording. thanks.

Unfortunately for you the mods would like the 2 sites separated again. Having different posting rules, and consequently different registration rules in a single site is a nightmare. The reason we are getting spam like the Kendra sex tapes is because we can no longer easily eliminate what at PSW would have been an easily identifiably spam bot.

REP and PSW have alway only been a single click away as there was a link in the sidebar. It would also be easy to have a redirect that would take you right to the other site.

Mac

EvanKirkendall

• Personal Text?
    • Evan Kirkendall
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 04:20:54 pm »

Unfortunately for you the mods would like the 2 sites separated again. Having different posting rules, and consequently different registration rules in a single site is a nightmare. The reason we are getting spam like the Kendra sex tapes is because we can no longer easily eliminate what at PSW would have been an easily identifiably spam bot.

REP and PSW have alway only been a single click away as there was a link in the sidebar. It would also be easy to have a redirect that would take you right to the other site.

Mac

I agree 100%. I see bad things coming...  :(

Evan
HarfordSound LLC
HarfordSound Facebook

-Your friendly neighborhood dealer for everything!-

*Voted most destructive on mids, 2006*
*Most low end at a rock show, 5 years running*

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 05:10:08 pm »

Mac - if it keeps spam like that away, fine with clicking a sidebar link. thanks.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 05:10:08 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 25 queries.