ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Midas Unveils M32 Digital Mixing Console  (Read 37284 times)

GregBass

Re: Midas Unveils M32 Digital Mixing Console
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2014, 01:00:16 PM »

Getting little attention this week is the Soundcraft Performer 1, which was also released at NAMM. Rack Mountable, has Scribble Strips, and two years late.

It looks like no multi-channel recording capability on the Soundcraft Performer 1 without paying for an expansion card.  A&H, Roland and Behringer models in the same price range include that capability at no extra charge.

Bob Kidd

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2014, 02:26:04 PM »

Is the recent price drop on x32 due to upcoming release of m32?

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2014, 12:53:37 PM »

I am wondering if they would ever come out with a theatrical version of the software for the M32. To make it more usable for amateur theater, like school plays.

How it handles scenes now would need a rework. I am real curious how the new ver 2.(?) Software works. It now handles 500 cues they say but I don’t know exactly how it works.

The way that the scenes now work where if you are recalling them in sequence where you are always at the next scene to be loaded, makes it really awkward. If you make changes where you are and you want to do a quick update it updates the next scene. On almost every other digital console I have worked on if you do a quick store it stores the scene you are in not the next one like the X32 does. And at the moment it looks like the M32 is going to be running X32 software.   

Jason Lucas

• Hillsboro, OR, USA
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2014, 03:28:37 PM »

I am wondering if they would ever come out with a theatrical version of the software for the M32. To make it more usable for amateur theater, like school plays.

How it handles scenes now would need a rework. I am real curious how the new ver 2.(?) Software works. It now handles 500 cues they say but I don’t know exactly how it works.

The way that the scenes now work where if you are recalling them in sequence where you are always at the next scene to be loaded, makes it really awkward. If you make changes where you are and you want to do a quick update it updates the next scene. On almost every other digital console I have worked on if you do a quick store it stores the scene you are in not the next one like the X32 does. And at the moment it looks like the M32 is going to be running X32 software.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that behavior is tied to the "scene go next" option under Setup. I don't have that option engaged so after I recall a scene it still has that scene selected.
There are three things I hate: Harsh highs, hollow mids, and woofy bass.

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2014, 04:40:00 PM »

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that behavior is tied to the "scene go next" option under Setup. I don't have that option engaged so after I recall a scene it still has that scene selected.

I am not sure how to phrase this. I would be using the console for theater and that means that I want it setup so I have a go button. I press the button and it goes to the next scene. But while I am in that scene if there is something that needs to be fixed or massaged I hit the store button. Usually it requires a double tap to store any changes I have just made. I don’t have a lot of rehearsal time so I find even thru the run of the show I am still making changes. The only time I don’t seem to be still making changes is the last performance. And even then I sometimes am still making changes that by habit I am still saving. If there is another way that I am missing that would accomplish this please let me know.

There also seems to be a bug in the software of the X32 if you safe the mute it also safes the fader. I have a tendency to safe everything but the fader. I safe the mute so that if I have a problem with a wireless, either the actor misses their entrance or the mic acts up in some way I can kill the mic and it won’t un-mute when the next scene is recalled. And then I can un-mute it when things are fixed.

At the price point of the M32 I could see the company I do these shows for possibly buying one. Even though 32 inputs is barely enough most of the time. We have been renting for these shows for years and probably could have paid for one with what we have spent, but it would have been the wrong one that long ago. Even now we keep wondering what makes sense to buy. I have been using Avid consoles for these shows lately.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2014, 04:40:00 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 24 queries.