ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Midas Unveils M32 Digital Mixing Console  (Read 37324 times)

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
Re: Midas Unveils M32 Digital Mixing Console
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2014, 08:04:18 PM »

I really wanted the X32 to work for me for musical theater but the limited cue capabilities wouldn’t work for me. I haven’t been following the X32 software updates so I don’t know if it is only on the M32 but it looks like it handles 500 cues. It is worded a little bit interestingly it says it handles 100 scenes and 500 cues. So I am real interested in how they implement that.

Does anyone know when this is supposed to be available and who will be selling it? Will a dealer that currently sells the X32 be allowed to sell the M32?

Major updates to the cue system in the X32 V2 software updates. I think they appear to now be the same on both desks - is that how you guys are reading it too?

Chris Clark

• Jack of many trades, Master of few.
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2014, 09:54:00 PM »

Yes, the cues are in 2.0, on both consoles.
Based on what I've read and watched in the NAMM video about 2.0, it seems like cues are a way to recall both snippets (which are essentially recallable settings without having to save a whole scene) and scenes, IMO it seems like this really takes the scene/cue system to a whole new level over what 1.x had.
Technical Services Coordinator
Entertainment System Designer
Darien Lake Theme Park, Darien Center NY

Lee Richard

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2014, 10:09:15 PM »

Now I wonder why they put an RTA inside? From the screenshot it looks like you just select a channel or a bus, but does that mean there is a transfer function?

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2014, 11:17:45 PM »

Now I wonder why they put an RTA inside? From the screenshot it looks like you just select a channel or a bus, but does that mean there is a transfer function?

There does not appear to be a transfer function.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2014, 04:48:14 AM »

If the M32 was available when I was buying my GLD, I might have a different desk today. It will be interesting how this plays out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

+1, and I've only had my GLD for a few weeks....
Mark McFarlane

Jason Lucas

• Hillsboro, OR, USA
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2014, 10:40:15 AM »

The RTA appears to be more functional than the one offered in Roland consoles, which only has the bar graph, and is only 31-band.
There are three things I hate: Harsh highs, hollow mids, and woofy bass.

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2014, 11:00:31 AM »

+1, and I've only had my GLD for a few weeks....

I don't know.... not dealing with national riders, the M32 doesn't seem very appealing at all. It looks like it will case really big because of that slant, and $5000 includes no digital snake, and it's essentially identical to the X32. What do you guys find so compelling compared to the GLD?

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2014, 12:45:49 PM »

Probably the name Midas.

Not being an X32 or Midas owner I tend to think the board has to be more than an X32 in drag, and have said as much in the other threads. Only time will tell, but at first glance the board is designed by Midas, uses Midas pre amps, composite and aluminum chassis, and other Midas qualities / features.

I don't think the board has more to offer than the GLD or a Soundcraft Performer, but Midas had a hole in the lineup to fill, and they've filled it.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

John Penkala

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2014, 01:43:54 PM »

I don't know.... not dealing with national riders, the M32 doesn't seem very appealing at all. It looks like it will case really big because of that slant, and $5000 includes no digital snake, and it's essentially identical to the X32. What do you guys find so compelling compared to the GLD?

I can use an M32 on a corporate gig where I can't use Behringer or entry level A&H, as nice as the GLD may be.

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2014, 02:27:49 PM »

$5,000 is still cheaper than the GLD, but on par with recent free offers of the free AR2412.  However, I have a suspicion that the X32/M32 platform software and add-on hardware are going to be happen faster, with more features, and at lower prices. If you look at it as a platform instead of a 1-time console purchase, the X32/M32 is attractive.  Just one guys opinion. I'm very happy with my new GLD112. 

For the record, I bought an X32 rack last month also as my backup system, for rehearsal space, and for small events with no FOH space.  Replaced an A-H Zed.   Picked the X32 rack over the DL1608 due to the platform concept, and because of other poor design choices by Mackie like non-recallable headamps and the 1/4 TRS outputs.
Mark McFarlane

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2014, 02:27:49 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.