ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Behringer x18 News  (Read 5790 times)

Tom Roche

• Behind the Zion Curtain
Behringer x18 News
« on: January 23, 2014, 05:11:51 PM »

Here's an update from NAMM on the Behringer x18: http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2014/01/23/namm-2014-behringer-x18-tablet-driven-mixer/
Expected street price of $799.

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
Re: Behringer x18 News
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 07:00:37 PM »

Looks pretty slick. I hope their talks of an android app for it mean an official x32 Android app is coming soon. I really want to get the new Nexus 10 tablet instead of another iPad when it finally releases. :-)

Sent from my Nexus 4 running OmniROM 4.4 KitKat using Tapatalk Pro

Luke Robinson

• audio gods
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 07:20:57 PM »

The Midas x32 clone is advertising an android app for q mix so I imagine the behringer should be available as well since it is basically the same app.

Scott Bolt

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 08:59:31 PM »

The Midas x32 clone is advertising an android app for q mix so I imagine the behringer should be available as well since it is basically the same app.

That is my thinking.

I was in WalMart yesterday.  They have dual core 1.5Ghz Android 4.1 7" tablet for $80.00!  I little nicer one can be had with an 8" display for $100.00.

Shoot.  That's what a good pair of tennis shoes costs (for my teenager anyway).

Chris Clark

• Jack of many trades, Master of few.
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 10:34:32 PM »

I don't have an iphone, but it seems the q-mix for iphone is extremely limited (geared towards monitor mixes for those on stage), and the general consensus on the B forums is that the Android version will be exactly this... I was hoping for that too, I have a Nexus 7 that I wanted to try with the x32 but if all I can do is move one or two faders that actually only control sends, it is kind of pointless.... There is a third-party app called Mixing Station that has many more features integrated (at least, with 1.15, might take him a little while to update it to work with 2.0)... I haven't taken it for a test drive yet but I'm excited to.
Technical Services Coordinator
Entertainment System Designer
Darien Lake Theme Park, Darien Center NY

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 01:54:56 AM »

I don't have an iphone, but it seems the q-mix for iphone is extremely limited (geared towards monitor mixes for those on stage), and the general consensus on the B forums is that the Android version will be exactly this... I was hoping for that too, I have a Nexus 7 that I wanted to try with the x32 but if all I can do is move one or two faders that actually only control sends, it is kind of pointless.... There is a third-party app called Mixing Station that has many more features integrated (at least, with 1.15, might take him a little while to update it to work with 2.0)... I haven't taken it for a test drive yet but I'm excited to.

I've used Mixing Station with my Nexus 4 and have found it to be very good. They just updated it to be able to edit the effects too; that was the only thing I noticed missing last time I used it.

That's said I hope Behringer releases an android tablet app equivalent to the iPad app; there's no technical reason for them not to be able to have the same features on both platforms.

That is my thinking.

I was in WalMart yesterday.  They have dual core 1.5Ghz Android 4.1 7" tablet for $80.00!  I little nicer one can be had with an 8" display for $100.00.

Shoot.  That's what a good pair of tennis shoes costs (for my teenager anyway).

I would avoid cheap android tablets. I have yet to see one that's not junk. Get a $229 Nexus 7 minimum.

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_7_16gb_2013

Sent from my Nexus 4 running OmniROM 4.4 KitKat using Tapatalk Pro

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 01:54:56 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 25 queries.