ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: PSM 1000  (Read 36914 times)

Jens Palm Bacher

• Lydfabrikken
Re: PSM 1000
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2014, 06:15:05 PM »

Hmmm...  It looks like it's not seeing the pilot.  Nice metering, though!
Look at the A/B rf meters on the display, first I get full strengt, then nothing, so it seems the RF part of the receiver is not stable....
Does have some nifty features, lockable volume, sync both ways, group scan with graph readout of noisefloor etc. Transmitter is with DSP and AES3 input and emulation of all known IEM systems, so you can use Shure/Sennheiser beltpacks. Selectable tx power from 10-200mw and readout of SWR on the transmitter.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2014, 06:16:39 PM »

I'm testing an italian IEM system at the moment...
Is that a released product?
What's the brand?
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Jens Palm Bacher

• Lydfabrikken
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2014, 06:18:58 PM »

Is that a released product?
What's the brand?
Firmware says "Beta" i guess thats means no.
http://www.wisycom.com/

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2014, 06:20:59 PM »

Look at the A/B rf meters on the display, first I get full strengt, then nothing, so it seems the RF part of the receiver is not stable....
Does have some nifty features, lockable volume, sync both ways, group scan with graph readout of noisefloor etc. Transmitter is with DSP and AES3 input and emulation of all known IEM systems, so you can use Shure/Sennheiser beltpacks. Selectable tx power from 10-200mw and readout of SWR on the transmitter.

In the immortal words of Beavis and Butthead, "That is the coolest thing that I have ever seen."

Jens Palm Bacher

• Lydfabrikken
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2014, 06:24:24 PM »

In the immortal words of Beavis and Butthead, "That is the coolest thing that I have ever seen."
The receiver is a bit too big though, especially with 2*500MHz antennas. Also some typical "1. generation" faults (shuts down if you use a mono minijack, battery holders too weak, menu too complicated, etc.) I can not comment on the audio quality yet, but it is based on the same chip as the Sennheiser Hidyn system, which is not too promising, as Sennheiser abandoned Hidyn for IEM use... I also have not been able to find the latency in the transmitter.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 06:28:55 PM by Jens Palm Bacher »

Chris Johnson [UK]

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2014, 07:17:38 AM »

Wisycom make great stuff though.

Their full duplex wireless comms stuff is great.

I'm a big fan.
Riedel Communications

Gino Sigismondi

• Shure Support Website
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2014, 03:22:13 PM »

Hi all – this is Gino from Shure's Systems Support team. I thought I might be able to offer some insight into the "audio compression" discussion. I’m sorry to hear that some of you have been having issues with our PSM1000. When we first introduced PSM1000, we did have some users report that in some applications with certain types of program material, there appeared to be excessive compression of transient sounds. If you have experienced this issue with your PSM1000 systems, I encourage you to get in touch with your local Shure Service Center for assistance:http://www.shure.com/americas/support/service-repair

Following up on these initial reports, we did implement some changes and made improvements to the audio circuitry, which has eliminated the issue entirely. Any new PSM1000 system purchased through an authorized Shure dealer will not exhibit this effect, regardless of the source material or gain settings. The majority of our PSM1000 users have not experienced any problems with their systems, but for those who have, the updated design has addressed the concern in every case.

As always, if you have any questions or would like to discuss in more detail, feel free to contact our Systems Support department at 847-600-8541 or [email protected].
Gino Sigismondi
Senior Manager, Shure Systems Support
[email protected]
847-600-8541

Chris Johnson [UK]

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2014, 03:40:45 PM »

Hi Gino,

Thanks for clarifying the issue there. Great to hear its all resolved now, and I'll certainly be speccing PSM1000 in the future knowing this is no longer a problem.

Riedel Communications

Jens Palm Bacher

• Lydfabrikken
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2014, 04:55:31 AM »

Latency using AES in is around 2ms, analogue in around 1 ms (yes, higher when going digital they SRC on the AES)

Jens Palm Bacher

• Lydfabrikken
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2014, 04:56:30 AM »

Hi Gino,

Thanks for clarifying the issue there. Great to hear its all resolved now, and I'll certainly be speccing PSM1000 in the future knowing this is no longer a problem.
But you have to ask the rental company if they have upgraded their units...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2014, 04:56:30 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.