ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha CL5 or M7CL?  (Read 20109 times)

Art Williams

Yamaha CL5 or M7CL?
« on: January 09, 2014, 01:45:01 PM »

Hey so I'm looking for some input...should I stick with my M7CL or move on the a CL5, money is not a factor to my question.
What do y'all think?

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

• Az Concert Sound Solutions
Re: Yamaha CL5 or M7CL?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 02:02:08 PM »

Hey so I'm looking for some input...should I stick with my M7CL or move on the a CL5, money is not a factor to my question.
What do y'all think?

Trade in your M7 towards the CL5 with yamahas program they have right now to save thousands of dollars!!!

Milt Hathaway

• http://www.fitzcosound.com
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 02:13:49 PM »

Last month I got rid of my M7CL and replaced it with a CL1 and a couple of Rio boxes. Best thing I ever did.

(I went with the CL1 because a large percentage of my work is corporate (and not needing many channels/handles), and because after a long time of using the M7CL I had found I never really strayed from that center section anyway.)
--
Milt
FitzCo Sound, Inc.
Midland, TX
http://www.fitzcosound.com

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
Yamaha CL5 or M7CL?
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 02:25:08 PM »

Trade in your M7 towards the CL5 with yamahas program they have right now to save thousands of dollars!!!

...Bam... As if the writing wasn't already on the wall.

Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 04:19:21 PM »

I can't recommend to anyone that they take an M7 over the CL series. Unless your one of the six guys left in the industry who can't wrap your head around channel layers.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 04:51:43 PM »

What is this promo? 

Scott Helmke

Art Williams

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 09:54:39 PM »

Philip Roberts

• Church and H.O.W. Forums
  • South West MI
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 12:18:31 AM »

What I can't figure out is why is Yamaha pushing the CL5 so hard. (Not that I'm complaining)

My church purchased a CL5 for our broadcast mix during the November promo and we've had our eye's on a second one for PA so we could share the RIO boxes using Gain Compensation. This current promo sure got our attention.

I'm sure Yamaha knows some thing we don't. I'd just like to know if I would care if I knew what they know.

Philip

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2014, 01:06:33 AM »

What I can't figure out is why is Yamaha pushing the CL5 so hard. (Not that I'm complaining)

My church purchased a CL5 for our broadcast mix during the November promo and we've had our eye's on a second one for PA so we could share the RIO boxes using Gain Compensation. This current promo sure got our attention.

I'm sure Yamaha knows some thing we don't. I'd just like to know if I would care if I knew what they know.

Philip

My guess is the M7CL is about to reach "end of life".  It's what, almost 9 years old?  That's Paleolithic in digital anything years.  Supposedly the M7 and LS/9 were the first Yamaha digital mixers that had very little processing left over, the hardware platform is mostly utilized and therefore feature expansion via firmware updates is limited.

The new-fangled Digital Crystal Ball doesn't do any better than analog when pointed at Yammy... lets make a few observations:  a) Yamaha is due for a replacement for the PM1D; b) the PM5D has been around the block twice (but it does stuff other Yamaha mixers don't); c) the M7/LS9 platform is being eclipsed by newer, cheaper designs; d) the 01v96/DM1k-2k markets are mostly mature and under price pressure as well.  Yamaha isn't going to give up the digital mixer biz and they have economies of scale that nobody else but MusicGroup can come close to.

Therefore be it resolved... my prediction is we'll see not 1, but 3 or more new mixers built on a unified hardware platform (although certain parts will not, in true Yamaha fashion, be inter-operable  :o ).  I think the CL is the transitional model line.

We should start an office pool...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2014, 01:06:33 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.