ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Software light Controllers?  (Read 16204 times)

Bill Schnake

• Schnake Sound
Re: Software light Controllers?
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2014, 07:15:45 AM »

So after about three months of working with Eclipse - I'm looking at another install, but thinking about Lucid. The Eclipse software is nice and easy enough, but has enough limitations I'd rather not install it again. It's working nice for all the young kids programming it each weekend, they're getting good experience & creative output...

Why does it seem to me that the Lucid software is functionally identical to Lumidesk - is it just rebranded?

On that note - does anyone have any hands on experience with Lumidesk - or maybe Bill can offer a follow up on his Lucid experience?
Jonathan, I think that Lucid is a rebrand of Sunlight Suite.  It took me about 3 hours to get up and running with Lucid.  Once you have gone through setting up your first show it is simple to use and gets good results.  We are using a system with up to 60 LED pars and 8 movers along with 30k of conventional lighting and so far we have had no issues with Lucid.  :D  The only downside that I have seen is that Blizzard support can take their time getting back to you about new Blizzard fixture profiles.  That being said once you had setup your first profile everything clicks and you don't need to contact support to hold your hand creating any other profiles. 

Remember you are getting this information from a sound guy not a lighting guy.  I have had nothing but bad experiences with hardware controllers and dbx LED lights.  Once we got the Lucid software and dongle we found it easy to use and I think it's good product...ie it meets our needs.  I am sure that there are better programs out there that cost more for the dongle...you really are only paying for the dongle.  Anyway, it works for us.

Bill  8)
Bill Schnake

217.670.1328    Office
217.553.2278    Cell
Schnake Sound, Inc

Experience, Expertise, Professionalism and Reliability

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Software light Controllers?
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2014, 07:15:45 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 25 queries.