ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 Firewire daw recording with Audition for Mac  (Read 5715 times)

Aaron Kelley

• Real Life Church
X32 Firewire daw recording with Audition for Mac
« on: January 03, 2014, 11:13:51 AM »

For the LIFE of me I can't figure this out...
Has anyone tried using daw through Adobe Audition for Mac via firewire with the console having local inputs and S16 snake inputs? I can only seem to get either local to go through, or just the snake inputs...not both.
I have the console set up as AES50 A1-8...local 9-16...AES50 A17-24...and AES50 A25-32.
Also, how do I route my bus console fx to the software? I don't want a dry mix and I definitely don't want to recreate fx using the software. The x32 card seems very limited.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 08:14:11 PM by Aaron Kelley »
In regards, Aaron J. Kelley
Real Life Church, Columbus, MS
reallifems.com

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
Re: X32 Firewire daw recording with Audition for Mac
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 03:11:33 PM »

Has anyone tried using daw through Adobe Audition for Mac via firewire with the console having local inputs and S16 snake inputs? I can only seem to get either local to go through, or just the snake inputs...not both.
The console is AES50 A1-8...local 9-16...AES50 A17-24...and AES50 A25-32.
Also, how do I route my bus console fx to the software? I don't want a dry mix and I definitely don't want to recreate fx using the software. The x32 card seems very limited.

Looking at the offline X32-Edit app on my Mac it appears that under routing the Expansion Card can be assigned whatever sets of 8 inputs/outputs you want(though it may be different on the console). It let me assign AES50 A1-8, Local 9-16, AES50 A17-24, and AES50 A25-32 seemingly w/out problems.

As far as getting the effects into the computer it looks like the effects would have to be sent to a physical output then that physical output sent to the card in routing. Also if you can't afford to use a whole bank of 8 channels into the computer just for effects you might send all the effects busses to a matrix then send the matrix to some physical output; then you could hard patch the physical output(s) back into a (couple of) channel(s) that only get sent to the card.

Anyway hope this helps; I'm far from an x32 expert, from what I've see on CSMT you probably have much more x32 time than I do.  :D

Don Ernst

• Ernst Audio Services, Inc
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 09:09:20 PM »

I have the console set up as AES50 A1-8...local 9-16...AES50 A17-24...and AES50 A25-32.

If you have some inputs coming from the stage box and some from the console inputs, you must go to the routing menu and set the card inputs the same to get them all to show up on the firewire. NOTE: The card gets its signals directly from the inputs. If you patch the channels to different inputs internally, the card will still see the signal from the original physical input.

You can go to the effects returns and using the channel sends from the home menu, send the effects outputs to mix busses (say 9-10). Set your mix busses to free outputs (example mix bus 9-10 to output 9-10.  Go to the routing menu for the card and select output 9-16 in one of the groups of 8 channels and the effects will be in your firewire.
Don Ernst
Louisville, Ky.

Aaron Kelley

• Real Life Church
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 02:12:09 PM »

Looking at the offline X32-Edit app on my Mac it appears that under routing the Expansion Card can be assigned whatever sets of 8 inputs/outputs you want(though it may be different on the console). It let me assign AES50 A1-8, Local 9-16, AES50 A17-24, and AES50 A25-32 seemingly w/out problems.

As far as getting the effects into the computer it looks like the effects would have to be sent to a physical output then that physical output sent to the card in routing. Also if you can't afford to use a whole bank of 8 channels into the computer just for effects you might send all the effects busses to a matrix then send the matrix to some physical output; then you could hard patch the physical output(s) back into a (couple of) channel(s) that only get sent to the card.

Anyway hope this helps; I'm far from an x32 expert, from what I've see on CSMT you probably have much more x32 time than I do.  :D

I see that now. Well, I'll have to check the console when I get to the church. I thought I had made the card out section as the picture you've given, but I may have not. It was about a month or 2 ago when I tried it.
In regards, Aaron J. Kelley
Real Life Church, Columbus, MS
reallifems.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 02:12:09 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.