ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yorkville LS801P enough punch?  (Read 1168 times)

Scotty Johnson

Yorkville LS801P enough punch?
« on: January 02, 2014, 11:44:51 pm »

Hello all.  Every year we have a host the nation's largest vocations conference at my home parish, St. Patrick's in St. Charles, IL.  I've been the audio engineer for the past 5 years, and this year I got a budget to expand upon some of my equipment.  That budget is $1,350, the exact retail price of one Yorkville LS801P.  I know that this is considered the best powered sub on the market, and my question is this....  Would just one of these subs be enough for a noticeable low-end addition? 

I'd guess the church itself is about 5,000 square feet, possibly bigger.  I'll attach a picture.  Being a church event and all, I don't neccesarily need to blow them out of their seats.  Also, do you think it could do some damage in a typical school gym? 

I run 2 JBL PRX635's daisy chained to 2 Yorkville NX55P's as mains.  I've got a fantastic main setup going, so I figured it was time to move onto subs. 

If there's anything else you think I should know, I'm open to any information you can provide!  Thanks so much!

Scott

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber