ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BRP-PACU  (Read 3846 times)

Lyle Williams

BRP-PACU
« on: January 02, 2014, 01:51:16 AM »

Has anyone tried BRP-PACU, an open source package that runs on linux and OSX.  From the doco it will plot source independent transfer functions.

Hayden J. Nebus

• Richmond, VA
Re: BRP-PACU
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 12:53:50 PM »

Has anyone tried BRP-PACU, an open source package that runs on linux and OSX.  From the doco it will plot source independent transfer functions.

I attempted to run BRP-PACU on the Ubuntu 11.10 standard distribution a year or more ago. I had a bunch of trouble getting some of the prerequisite libraries installed. Never even tackled the issue of getting my ASIO interface running. 

IIRC, the developer was reachable by email. I'd be definitely be interested to hear if you get it running, especially if you have a linux distro it will run inside easily!     

Lyle Williams

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 06:21:10 PM »

I'll probably not get around to trying it.  I've found a transfer function solution for my iPad.

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 01:14:00 PM »

I've found a transfer function solution for my iPad.

Which is?

Lyle Williams

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 02:50:26 PM »

Audio Tools is the app - about $20.  It needs a ~$80 in app purchase to turn on the dual FFT function.

My ipad connects using the apple usb camera adapter to an art usb dual pre.  This gives me two channels in.  Left carries the measured mic signal which needs phantom power.  Right carries the original reference signal which doesn't need phantom power (I use the TRS input to avoid sending phantom power back towards the mixer.)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 02:50:26 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 25 queries.