ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video over an internal network  (Read 4270 times)

Lee Douglas

• 47.662615, -116.756954
Video over an internal network
« on: December 28, 2013, 04:03:17 PM »

I have an installation that was completed recently where they wanted to run HDMI cables from a computer location to an on-wall large screen display.  Great.  Have high-volt drop conduit here, here and here.  Fast-forward to completion, they want to change a couple of those locations.  The problem is the conduit in the slab in two proposed locations is not big enough and too far to run HDMI cables through.  On top of that, they're not exactly sure where the new locations are.  We ran a complete internal network throughout the building.   Can anyone recommend a stable video over IP solution that can provide decently high resolution video?  Just to clarify; looking for video over IP network, not video over category cable.  I tried a search and came up with too many incorrect results, so if there is a thread addressing this, please post a link.
This space for rent

Ray Cerwinski

Re: Video over an internal network
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 03:18:54 AM »

I'm in the same boat as you, but I'm looking to shoot video over a WiFi link between two buildings (CCTV DVR to remote monitors.) This was the best option I have been able to locate so far. Likewise, everything I search has yielded a plethora of video over category cables systems too.

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/video_over_ip/maevex/
Ray Cerwinski

Lee Douglas

• 47.662615, -116.756954
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 02:11:44 PM »

I'm in the same boat as you, but I'm looking to shoot video over a WiFi link between two buildings (CCTV DVR to remote monitors.) This was the best option I have been able to locate so far. Likewise, everything I search has yielded a plethora of video over category cables systems too.

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/video_over_ip/maevex/

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll call them in the morning. 

For your situation we've been using Ubiquiti's (http://www.ubnt.com/airmax#airMaxHardware) Airmax products and loading a remote workstation(s) with remote viewing software with excellent success.  It's still a fairly new product to us, but so far so good.
This space for rent

Ray Cerwinski

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 03:00:02 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll call them in the morning. 

For your situation we've been using Ubiquiti's (http://www.ubnt.com/airmax#airMaxHardware) Airmax products and loading a remote workstation(s) with remote viewing software with excellent success.  It's still a fairly new product to us, but so far so good.

I'm already using the Ubiquity NanoStation M5 units at multiple sites. They are fantastic and I've yet to encounter any issues. Granted, I haven't used them for anything over extreme distance, they've been great for the furthest jump at 400'.

I have an application coming up that I will be shooting about a mile, so that should be fun.
Ray Cerwinski

Jonathan Kok

• Toronto
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 06:32:54 PM »

I have an installation that was completed recently where they wanted to run HDMI cables from a computer location to an on-wall large screen display.  Great.  Have high-volt drop conduit here, here and here.  Fast-forward to completion, they want to change a couple of those locations.  The problem is the conduit in the slab in two proposed locations is not big enough and too far to run HDMI cables through.  On top of that, they're not exactly sure where the new locations are.  We ran a complete internal network throughout the building.   Can anyone recommend a stable video over IP solution that can provide decently high resolution video?  Just to clarify; looking for video over IP network, not video over category cable.  I tried a search and came up with too many incorrect results, so if there is a thread addressing this, please post a link.
Take a look at Just Add Power products. Pretty much what you're looking for, I think. I used them at a show to create a closed-circuit TV system over the installed infrastructure; worked great. I'd brought my own managed switches to do it, but the venue wanted to try it on their existing network, with their existing gear, and it worked fine, up until some bandwidth-hogging IT-related stuff started running. But set up properly, that can be avoided. Depending on what you want to do, you may need to upgrade the network switches to managed ones.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 06:32:54 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 23 queries.