ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple outlet power cord  (Read 10971 times)

Cailen Waddell

Re: Multiple outlet power cord
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 05:30:30 PM »

The lex e strings should be around $85, so cheap for what they are, and cheaper than you can buy the parts for the most part.  If they aren't around $85, find another lex dealer.  If you buy 6, lex will ship them in the box from their manufacturer and you will see that they are a custom run from a company that makes a very similar product in yellow for construction job site use. 

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 01:02:14 AM »

CBI sells the MOX cables in a variety of gauge & length. I'm a dealer if you need them quoted.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

John Moore

• "learning the hard way sucks donkey kong"
    • Trinity Productions
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 11:15:26 AM »

Just be aware that a lot of the in line stuff is SJT and when cold does not fan out real well on stage, etc. We have gone with SJOOW or SOOW for all our stringers and cables...nothing worse than having a cable stand up when you need it to lay flat...the CBI stuff is OK, but again when cold and bundled for some time will be the devil to get it to lay down flat. We make customs with Leviton Boxes PM me for pricing, can do in any config you want...
http://www.trinityprosound.com 209-832-8023
DEALER:Dealer for Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, Danley Sound Labs, VTC, Allen & Heath, Ashly, Denon,  Audix, One Systems, Beyerdynamic, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate,  Trusst, Road Ready, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, dB Technologies, RCF, American Audio,  Rapco, CBI Cables, ADJ, Chauvet, Blizzard, Furman, Shure, Tascam, Elite Screens,  BenQ, Midas, Digico,  and many many more...

Nate Armstrong

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2014, 09:15:02 AM »

Just be aware that a lot of the in line stuff is SJT and when cold does not fan out real well on stage, etc. We have gone with SJOOW or SOOW for all our stringers and cables...nothing worse than having a cable stand up when you need it to lay flat...the CBI stuff is OK, but again when cold and bundled for some time will be the devil to get it to lay down flat. We make customs with Leviton Boxes PM me for pricing, can do in any config you want...

John,  I have a small green version of the mutli outlet cord  and yes, when it gets cold it gets very firm and wont lay very well.  I forgot about that, thank you for bringing it to my attention.
   ( these are not mine but is an example ) http://imgur.com/GmAISHa

We have 8 weather proof quad box's with male and female leviton pig tails, and we have custom power cables ,soow w/ leviton ends. I have a bunch of ends left over. I think I am just going to make more quad boxes and just use standard boxes instead of the much more expensive weatherproof ones. Ill use the weather proof ones for stage drops, and use the new cheaper ones for other duties.
I already have some what of a power cable system. I should just build on that.  The OA windsor stuff is so awesome, but I really cant justify that with the amount of shows we do each month.

Thanks for all the help guys.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 09:21:37 AM by Nate Armstrong »

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2014, 10:51:17 AM »

...the CBI stuff is OK, but again when cold and bundled for some time will be the devil to get it to lay down flat.

It depends on the model. I have some of their 16 gauge stringers that are pretty stiff, but the 14 gauge and 12 gauge that I have from them is completely flaccid.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2014, 10:51:17 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 25 queries.