ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ride the Lightning  (Read 6733 times)

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
Re: Ride the Lightning
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2013, 03:16:54 PM »

12 of 20.  So how did Edison and Tesla without the benefit of safety classes, OSHA, the NEC, arc flash gear and voltage rated tools survive to die a natural death?

I think that Edison probably hired a minion to do his testing, while Tesla tried everything for himself. It's truly amazing that anybody survived those early days of the electrification of the world.

Frank DeWitt

• LBP DI Box
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2013, 06:27:34 PM »

12 of 20.  So how did Edison and Tesla without the benefit of safety classes, OSHA, the NEC, arc flash gear and voltage rated tools survive to die a natural death?

Edison was quite concerned with safety. He chose to run the first distribution of power for domestic lighting under the streets of New York rather then on poles because he believed it was safer. He also taught classes for the electricians he hired.

There were already systems for street lights but not for domestic lighting. The street lighting systems used Arc lights  They were in series and ran thousands of volts DC.
Not to Code

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2013, 11:01:14 AM »

I got 5 of first five right before I lost interest... More of an obscure history trivia, with questions names of first criminals smoked...I guessed right on the first man, but bailed when it looked like I would be guessing more.

I also got kicked out of the quiz for a flash video ad that interrupted me then didn't even play (fail)...

JR

15.  I was also disappointed, as it was more a history lesson.

Funny thing, a golf course I used to play at had an electric chair (really!) clearly visible from the parking lot and the front door with a nearby sign which read "penalty for slow play".

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2013, 11:01:14 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.