ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Confetti Cannon  (Read 7230 times)

Kevin Esprella

• No Regret Productions
Confetti Cannon
« on: December 18, 2013, 01:48:11 PM »

Looking to take the plunge on a confetti cannon and wanted to get some input from here to find out what works for you.

What I'm looking for:

Single Shot
Double Barrel
Reusable
Tour Grade - (system will go out on rentals and want to make sure it comes back in one peace)

I've been looking at the Artistry in Motions: Big Shot Cannon.

Josh Daws

Re: Confetti Cannon
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 07:35:43 PM »

look at ultratec...they have all of the above that you are looking for

Ray Cerwinski

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 01:46:11 AM »

While the Ultratec Air Cannon is a nice product, I prefer the Artistry in Motion Big Shot. The Big Shot allows for the barrels to be "folded" back into the framework for protection during transport. The Air Cannon just lets the barrels kind of dangle on the outside which will eventually lead to weak fittings that won't hold position.
Ray Cerwinski

Thomas Bishop

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 11:06:17 AM »

The Air Cannon just lets the barrels kind of dangle on the outside which will eventually lead to weak fittings that won't hold position.

Have you experienced this or is this your educated opinion?

Ray Cerwinski

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 02:00:08 AM »

Have you experienced this or is this your educated opinion?

I've experienced this with other brands that do not have a protective cage. They are also a pain in the ass to store and transport in quantity with cables and barrels sticking out and getting caught on everything under the sun.
Ray Cerwinski

Josh Daws

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 09:26:06 AM »

im certain there are cases you can get from ultratec for transportation.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 01:11:25 PM »

Speaking as an arena/stadium stagehand, I can say that 99% of the confetti canons we see on tours are Best Shot.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Chris Clark

• Jack of many trades, Master of few.
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 04:35:11 PM »

We've been using the Big Shots (x2) at the park since before I started there 10 years ago, haven't had a problem yet. We've used them at various pressures up to 120psi without issue (just don't hit anyone with them!)

A tip we've learned over time - if you're using the rolled streamers, you'll want "caps" for them - it seems to make them unroll and "stream" better. (We eventually started making our own caps out of old park handouts, much cheaper than what AIM was selling the actual caps for and can get 6 out of one sheet - trifold then half) However conversely we learned through experimentation that confetti seems to work better without caps. YMMV.
Technical Services Coordinator
Entertainment System Designer
Darien Lake Theme Park, Darien Center NY

Kevin Esprella

• No Regret Productions
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 02:45:27 PM »

Thanks for the all the input. Looks like I'm going with the Big Shot then. Also thanks for the tip with the end-caps Chris.

Cheers, everyone and Happy Holidays!

We've been using the Big Shots (x2) at the park since before I started there 10 years ago, haven't had a problem yet. We've used them at various pressures up to 120psi without issue (just don't hit anyone with them!)

A tip we've learned over time - if you're using the rolled streamers, you'll want "caps" for them - it seems to make them unroll and "stream" better. (We eventually started making our own caps out of old park handouts, much cheaper than what AIM was selling the actual caps for and can get 6 out of one sheet - trifold then half) However conversely we learned through experimentation that confetti seems to work better without caps. YMMV.

sam saponaro

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2013, 01:54:40 PM »

I allways wanted to blow off a confetti cannon in a small 2000sq ft bar....lol Peoples beers all filled with confetti.......all in the beer wells.
I have to much time to think....man I gotta get gigging again.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2013, 01:54:40 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.