ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound Systems Beta Testers  (Read 3701 times)

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
Re: Sound Systems Beta Testers
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, 04:38:00 pm »

...Certainly I do not intend to receive any confidential information because of the reasons you mention.
I just would like to know things such as......
Many years ago, I was FOH for the 3 support acts at a "local" festival.
35,000 in attendance. First was 1 vocal and tracks, 2nd was a guitar/vocal duo, 3rd was 8 piece pop/rock. Headliner was flown in from Italy for this gig, and would only give up 6 strips on the Midas, so I brought my personal board in to properly "do" the 8-piece.
######## was the system provider, and I took 2 strips of their Midas for my lowly MC-2404 to plug into.  ######## was trying out a new rig for the first time. I was told it was this systems' introduction to Canada. (True or not, I didn't really care..)
2 engineers and a couple of techs from ### came with the system as advisors and overseeres.
Headliner wanted to see what the system could do, as he had never used a #### ##### before. He and the Pres of ######## had a little discussion with the ### guys, and near the end of my 3rd set, they disabled the limiters, and told me to floor it.
I was quite pleased with the tonality, coverage, and volume I was running at, but WTF, I wanted to see what half a million watts could buy anyway.........
Well, it was loud. Louder than I wanted the mix to be, but the pres kept saying "I'm paying, push the hell out of this rig" The lead tech from ### just kept nodding his head and giving me the thumbs up.  The band was smiling their faces off, and the crowd was bobbing along quite nicely. (Monitor dude called me up and asked if I had lost my marbles.... His head was rattling so bad from the bass)

I did sign a form that I could not identify names of the ### people that I met, box configuration, or processing and amp racks that I had seen, as this rig was in "final testing". I wasn't able to actually see what was in the hung boxes, as the rig was in place for a couple of days before I got there.
It wasn't due to be released for another 6 or 8 months. ######## did another 4 or 5 shows before this reg was sent home, and the purchased (final production models) rig arrived to stay.

Nothing got damaged, ######## made a sizeable investment, the Headliners FOH couldn't mix a betty crocker cake, and I got hired regularly to freelance with several local companies based on what I did with a 2404 on that rig.
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.