ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: make 15" sub smaller?  (Read 7112 times)

Travis_Valois

Re: make 15" sub smaller?
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 01:02:07 AM »

Hi all maybe a strange question , myself and the misses are a duo me on guitar and wife singing , we have recently bought some active 15" EV speakers which sound pretty good on there own but a whole lot better with a sub . My question is our 15 inch sub is just a little too big in depth to fit in our car so do you think it would be ok to trim it down a bit by maybe 4 inches in depth so it could then fit in our car ? would it alter the sound of the sub a lot ? I hope this makes sense .

Perhaps this will work, it's something no one else suggested...

Put the original cab in storage for resale purposes as suggested.

Build the new cabinet, and instead of the same depth, build the new cabinet to different HxWxD ratios to the depth and make it slightly wider and/or higher, keeping the cabinet's internal volume the same.

Paul G. OBrien

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 01:16:33 PM »

My question is our 15 inch sub is just a little too big in depth to fit in our car

Just another thing to note, a speaker box can be any shape you want and as long total box volume and port dimensions are the same as the original box the driver will perform the same. So it may be possible that you could build another box with dimensions that would fit in your car.

P.S. I guess I just typed the same thing as Travis.

Steve Garris

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 03:55:33 PM »

Just curious, what 15" sub do you have?  What are its dimensions? Is it powered?

Chris Harrison 2

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2014, 08:44:37 PM »

Just curious, what 15" sub do you have?  What are its dimensions? Is it powered?
Hi well I did it, my sub is an old celestion loaded carlsbro I successfully trimmed about 4 inches off the depth and rejoined the back and it seems to work ok but now I have another problem which I will post in a new thread

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2014, 08:44:37 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.