ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DiGiCo digirack card question  (Read 1748 times)

Erik Jerde

• Classic LAB
DiGiCo digirack card question
« on: December 09, 2013, 04:05:55 pm »

Hey all, here's my situation:  digirack with the first 6 input card slots populated with mic input cards.  First 2 output slots have analog line out cards.  Last output slot has an ether sound card in it.  Since es card is i/o there is no input card in input slot 7.

Does anyone know if I can put an analog mic input card in input slot 7 and use that for inputs 49-56 while keeping the es card installed and just using  it for output?

I've asked my dealer and was told pretty much "I don't know, try it and find out".  Problem is I don't have a spare input card, but if it will work then I need to rent one for an event.  Obviously I don't want to rent one just to find out it doesn't work.

Thanks in advance.

Mark Rombouts

Re: DiGiCo digirack card question
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 04:42:37 pm »

Switch one of the other cards to try it.

Edward Gonzalez

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 11:20:16 pm »

Go to your  audio IO page on the desk check to see if the input slot seven is being used by your ether I/O card. If it is than you can not put another card in that slot. I know that when I use my aes I/O card In let's say slot 7 on the input side it uses the corresponding output slot wich you have to leave blank with nothing in it.

Hey all, here's my situation:  digirack with the first 6 input card slots populated with mic input cards.  First 2 output slots have analog line out cards.  Last output slot has an ether sound card in it.  Since es card is i/o there is no input card in input slot 7.

Does anyone know if I can put an analog mic input card in input slot 7 and use that for inputs 49-56 while keeping the es card installed and just using  it for output?

I've asked my dealer and was told pretty much "I don't know, try it and find out".  Problem is I don't have a spare input card, but if it will work then I need to rent one for an event.  Obviously I don't want to rent one just to find out it doesn't work.

Thanks in advance.
[/quote]

Chris White

• Jivemind Productions
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 02:31:08 am »

I/O cards are meant to be installed in the input side and a blank installed on the output side since you are effectively using 8in/8out on the Madi stream. This applies to the AES I/O and Ethersound cards. You could always rent a second rack for additional inputs such as a (SD-Rack, SD-Nano, SD-Mini, Digirack, MadiRack, or D-Rack+Little Blue Box).

My guess is that since you are using a Digirack that you have an SD8 or larger and would have 2 Madi connections or Optocore and can hook up at a minimum a second rack to the system.
Chris White
Production Director
Jivemind Productions

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 02:31:08 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 23 queries.