ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Allen Heath QU16 Case  (Read 36539 times)

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
Re: Allen Heath QU16 Case
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2015, 03:10:17 PM »

Doesn't seem like anybody sells the old version with 4 latches (two on each side) any more.

I just happen to have one here on the shelf if anyone is interested.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

james page

« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2015, 03:38:53 PM »

Dick,

You just want to be in the in crowd and look like you're carrying your accordion...

OT but this week is the 50th anniversary of Ramsey Lewis' version of The "In" Crowd.

james page

« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2015, 04:17:04 PM »

That SKB mixer case does work very well and until recently when I switched mine out to a mixer combo rack instead, mine held up very well.
I just placed a piece of foam about 3/4" thick in the bottom of the case. This helps to hold the mixer in place with the lid closed and in transit. It also comes in handy on which to place hard drives, iPods etc. The other piece of foam, I taped a strip about 1" x 1" x 18" along the top rail of the case. You can all use pipe insulation sold at Home Depot. Dick Reeves thought of this one. I found the insulation compresses a bit after a while and has to be replaced though. Either method works.
Once in place make sure the mixer is held safely with the case closed and if it moves, add another layer of foam to the rail or the bottom of the case.
It really does work very well and if I hadn't switched cases to get room for my iem transmitters, a rack drawer and my snake, I would still be using mine.

Might seem like a dumb question but....any idea where I can get foam for this? I've tried 4 different local places and so far no luck.

Chris Edwards

« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2015, 05:56:18 PM »

Has anyone seen this case in the wild?  I am trying to figure out if the lid is removable or hinged.  I am also trying to figure out if it is a rackmount case or not.  BH Photo didn't have any in-store to check.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1121536-REG/allen_heath_ah_fcg_qu16_lightwt_injctn_mold_unvrs.html

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2015, 06:08:31 PM »

Has anyone seen this case in the wild?  I am trying to figure out if the lid is removable or hinged.  I am also trying to figure out if it is a rackmount case or not.  BH Photo didn't have any in-store to check.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1121536-REG/allen_heath_ah_fcg_qu16_lightwt_injctn_mold_unvrs.html

Foam lined case for safe transport.  No racking inside, just foam padding and security strapping.  Remove console for use.

For $50 less you can get one of the molded SKB pop-up rack cases with removable lid.  One handle, no wheels.  Mine works well.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Chris Edwards

« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2015, 06:19:13 PM »

Foam lined case for safe transport.  No racking inside, just foam padding and security strapping.  Remove console for use.

For $50 less you can get one of the molded SKB pop-up rack cases with removable lid.  One handle, no wheels.  Mine works well.

Thanks for the response.  I gave American Music & Sound a call right after I posted and the sales rep there said the Allen & Heath case was a rackmount injection molded design which could be raised and lowered.  Has anyone seen that case anywhere?

Chris Edwards

« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2015, 09:30:29 PM »

Dick...is this the one you mean?

http://www.skbcases.com/music/products/proddetail.php?f=&id=157&o=&offset=&c=120&s=81

Do you have to leave the unit raised up given the extra depth in transport?

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2015, 09:54:56 PM »

Dick...is this the one you mean?

http://www.skbcases.com/music/products/proddetail.php?f=&id=157&o=&offset=&c=120&s=81

Do you have to leave the unit raised up given the extra depth in transport?

Go back and read the comments in this thread from early 2014…. the new SKB case apparently doesn't work with the QU16 but the old style does - that is the one you need to look out for. Both Dick and I have used this style case (with a very slight modification)  successfully...
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Chris Edwards

« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2015, 03:21:13 PM »

Well that explains it.  I didn't realize there was a different design for that size. The link you gave took me to a picture of the same one I have. No hinges  - just 2 latches per side. 
I will stay on top of the Audiopile case - haven't heard back yet from Mark but I would prefer a more permanent option so will prompt him at some point. I'm just pleased to be able to protect my little investment during transportation and at the venue !

Was it ever posted if the audiopile case is a viable option?  It's definitely cheaper and lighter than the Gator case but I am concerned with ventilation.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2015, 07:02:06 PM »

Was it ever posted if the audiopile case is a viable option?  It's definitely cheaper and lighter than the Gator case but I am concerned with ventilation.

I sent Mark an email back then but he never got back to me so I stayed with the SKB case till I moved to a mixer/rack combo shorty thereafter….so - sorry don't know.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2015, 07:02:06 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 23 queries.