ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Allen Heath QU16 Case  (Read 36553 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Allen Heath QU16 Case
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2013, 07:45:44 PM »

Ahh, I must have a different version of the SKB case. I'm looking at this one: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SKB19P12

Unfortunately, it has 2 latches on one side and two hinges on the other, so the top can't be rotated 180 degrees. Maybe yours is different? Because of that, the wiggle doesn't quite work either, since the hinge poles are too long. I'm also looking into the audiopile case, so please let me know what you find out!

Thanks!
Michael

Well that explains it.  I didn't realize there was a different design for that size. The link you gave took me to a picture of the same one I have. No hinges  - just 2 latches per side. 
I will stay on top of the Audiopile case - haven't heard back yet from Mark but I would prefer a more permanent option so will prompt him at some point. I'm just pleased to be able to protect my little investment during transportation and at the venue !
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2013, 07:53:34 PM »

Finally got pictures resized...thanks to Dick..

Thanks for the pics.  Looks like I'll be able to do the same setup and return the accordion case to its primary use...
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2013, 09:40:07 PM »

Used the SKB case last night for transport to the gig and it worked like a gem.....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Philip Rasmus

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2014, 12:57:59 PM »

I am looking for a QU-16 lift-off style case for versatility (i.e., occasionally pull out for a less imposing look in tidy corporate gigs).  Is anyone familiar with this http://www.swanflight.com/allen-heath-qu-16-flightcase.html case, or recommend another?  I would also prefer to not have to have it shipped from over the pond.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2014, 01:03:04 PM »

I am looking for a QU-16 lift-off style case for versatility (i.e., occasionally pull out for a less imposing look in tidy corporate gigs).  Is anyone familiar with this http://www.swanflight.com/allen-heath-qu-16-flightcase.html case, or recommend another?  I would also prefer to not have to have it shipped from over the pond.

Looks to me like it's just a box with nothing to keep the mixer from receiving any shock to which the box may be subjected.  I'd look VERY closely at it.  Gator and SKB are available world-wide, I think, and their "pop-up" configurations are very nice. 

Philip Rasmus

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2014, 03:23:25 PM »

Looks to me like it's just a box with nothing to keep the mixer from receiving any shock to which the box may be subjected.  I'd look VERY closely at it.  Gator and SKB are available world-wide, I think, and their "pop-up" configurations are very nice.
Yes, I questioned what appears to be the lack of foam blocks on the fader side.  Other pics of the case (http://s90.photobucket.com/user/jonnybass1968/library/Q16%20case?sort=2&page=1) reinforced my concerns.  I also prefer the twist portion of the latch to be on the lid.  That is why I was hoping for a recommendation for a [US sourced] option.

I believe a properly designed foam lined case would better protect a device from shock than their rail-mounted counterparts (shock mount varieties excluded, of course)... then again I'm pretty careful with my gear.  I would however, prefer the option of easily removing the console from the case.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2014, 03:59:42 PM »

Yes, I questioned what appears to be the lack of foam blocks on the fader side.  Other pics of the case (http://s90.photobucket.com/user/jonnybass1968/library/Q16%20case?sort=2&page=1) reinforced my concerns.  I also prefer the twist portion of the latch to be on the lid.  That is why I was hoping for a recommendation for a [US sourced] option.

I believe a properly designed foam lined case would better protect a device from shock than their rail-mounted counterparts (shock mount varieties excluded, of course)... then again I'm pretty careful with my gear.  I would however, prefer the option of easily removing the console from the case.

I'd rather have the rack/frame assembly take the shock than applying constant pressure to any control assemblies...even without shock.

Hanno Meingast

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2014, 11:17:55 PM »

Ahh, I must have a different version of the SKB case. I'm looking at this one: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SKB19P12

You have a different model. (TSA approved)  You can use a drill and drill out the rivets that hold in the
angle brackets that are in your way. Then glue an appropriately  sized piece of foam in the lid.  It's what I had to do for my Mixwiz

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2014, 01:16:01 AM »

You have a different model. (TSA approved)  You can use a drill and drill out the rivets that hold in the
angle brackets that are in your way. Then glue an appropriately  sized piece of foam in the lid.  It's what I had to do for my Mixwiz

Hanno...

You don't have to alter the case at all, just turn the lid around and slip the tabs UNDER the top bar of the pop-up frame.  You have to glue a couple of pieces of foam to the bottom of the case to pad the mixer and put some foam on the top bar.  For the top bar I've just used some 1/2" water line insulation.  Cut two sections, one for either side of the canvas lifting tab.  They snap right on.  I hot glued mine to keep them in place, but you could use gaff tape.   

Kev Jones

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2014, 07:25:08 AM »

I bought one of those cases for  a QU-16 a few weeks ago.  Great case.  I've had no problems with it.  The mixer sits snuggly in the case - I've not detected any movement.  I wanted a particularly lightweight case, so they made one with some kind of honeycomb plastic panels.  Very light case, appears to be very strong.  Service was excellent... the cases are made to order - and I needed it quicker than their normal delivery time, so they fast tracked my case at no extra charge.

Just to be clear... I have no affiliation with Swan Flight (but I used to be a mechanical design engineer - so I'm quite picky over what I buy).  It's the first time I've bought from Swan Flight - and I'd buy from them again.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2014, 07:25:08 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.