ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Allen Heath QU16 Case  (Read 36541 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Allen Heath QU16 Case
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 08:56:31 AM »

Depending on your preferences, a Pelican style case may work too.  I have an LS9 in one of these and I really like the amount of protection, the wheels, and the weight of it.
http://www.pelican.com/cases_detail_storm.php?Case=iM2875

It looks like that case would be a good fit for the Qu-16 as well.  The tradeoff is that you have to pull the console out of the case to use it.  The Qu-16 is a sexy piece of hardware though.  It's somewhat of a shame to hide it in a rack.  The Pelican cases can be ordered with pick-n-pluck foam so you can form-fit it for the mixer.

I like the look of these. However, I although I agree the QU16 is a very nice looking desk and should be exploited as such !!!,  I think I'd rather use something that the mixer can stay in when in use. It just gives me more confidence when in a crowd of people. It has not happened yet but I dread that day some idiot falls on the mixer and probably me!! It has been a close call on rare occasions!
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 08:57:38 AM »

I'm presently carrying mine in an accordion soft case/shoulder bag.

You are so resourceful Dick - who'd a thunk?
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Kim Guibord

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2013, 09:13:02 AM »

Based on the dimensions provided by A&H and Audiopile, I'd bet yes.  As George mentioned, it wouldn't hurt to call Mark to verify.
I would not be comfortable with this type of case, As you know the venting is on both sides of the input (rear) panel and with those side panels to rack mount the unit, You could be obstructing air flow, The case that I have is like a regular console case with plenty of protecting foam to keep the console stable.

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2013, 11:53:36 AM »

I would not be comfortable with this type of case, As you know the venting is on both sides of the input (rear) panel and with those side panels to rack mount the unit, You could be obstructing air flow, The case that I have is like a regular console case with plenty of protecting foam to keep the console stable.

Cooling is certainly a consideration.  Sitting the mixer on a soft surface may also partially block the lower vents.

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2013, 11:56:23 AM »

I don't own a Qu-16 (yet), but I will say that generally speaking, I love Pelican cases for anything that fits in them.  They are pretty reasonably priced, and offer great protection.  The foam padded Pelican would offer significantly better protection than the EWI rack would, though you'd have to take the mixer out to use it.

anonymous

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2013, 10:05:15 PM »

Maybe one of these two?
http://www.gatorcases.com/news/press-releases/road-safe-cases-for-allen--heath-qu-16-mixing-console-from-gator.aspx

Thanks for the info......I like the second one. It would probably do what I need it to.
I called Mark yesterday at Audiopile and he is looking into what he can do to take care of the ventilation issue that was mentioned earlier with his case. I'm just pleased to see some options out there....

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2013, 10:42:02 AM »

Till I have found exactly what I need and so I can start taking this mixer out , I just purchased another used SKB pop-up case for now.
As I said in my first post, it will work if I add foam to the lid. It simply means that the rack rails will not rest in the horizontal position but remain inclined when the case is closed. At least I will have some protection till I find the right case. The nice thing about these cases is that I get to choose the working position of the desk which is nice 'cos I'm a shorty and when the case is placed on a table or a rack, it makes things easier for me to see.
I'll be able to sell it at very little or no loss once I purchase something else.
Still checking into the Audiopile option and considering all those that have been suggested by you good folks.

Now finding the rack ears is another matter - out of stock wherever I go !!!

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2013, 12:29:20 PM »

Give Ryan Jenkins a shout by PM.  He may be able to hook you up on anything A&H.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

anonymous

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2013, 01:24:05 PM »

As I said in my first post, it will work if I add foam to the lid. It simply means that the rack rails will not rest in the horizontal position but remain inclined when the case is closed. At least I will have some protection till I find the right case.

Which part of the mixer isn't fully protected using the SKB pop up case? The knobs at the upper part of the mixer or maybe the screen?
I was thinking about using exactly that case if I keep the Qu16.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2013, 01:24:05 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.