ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Allen Heath QU16 Case  (Read 36537 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Allen Heath QU16 Case
« on: December 02, 2013, 05:00:09 PM »

I need to protect my new mixer and in the past I had used the SKB pop-up. Because I am very careful with my equipment, this style of case worked well because 1) it gave me adequate protection, 2) It was light to carry and 3) It gave me access to everything at the back whilst remaining protected. However, the SKB case is only 5.5" deep and the new mixer is 7.5".
At one time I used my SKB case for my mixwiz without rotating the rear pod and although it was technically too deep for the case (7.5" again),  it simply meant that the ratchets did not rest in a horizontal posiition when released.
I have checked out everything I can online but I must be missing some options.
I figure there will be more to choose from as time goes by but I was wondering what anyone else is using????
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
Re: Allen Heath QU16 Case
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 05:09:48 PM »

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 07:56:31 PM »

Audiopile's MixWiz case should fit nicely:
http://audiopile.net/products/Cases/Mixer_Cases/MXC-12L/MXC-12L_cutsheet.shtml
do you know that to be the case?  The Qu-16 is pretty tall in the back.

George Friedman-Jimenez

• NYC
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 09:04:41 PM »

Maybe call Mark at Audiopile and ask him? I have that case and it is well built and solid, plenty of room in the back.

Just noticed you had your measurement of 7.5" in your OP. I measured 7.75" from the inside floor of the case to the top of the rails at the back end of the rails, measuring along the surface of the patchbay part of the mixer, perpendicular to the rails. The patchbay part of the Mixwiz is set perpendicular to the (slanted) top of the mixer. I would still call Mark to make sure, but if the 7.5" you measured is along the patchbay section, you should be fine.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 09:18:21 PM by George Friedman-Jimenez »

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 10:29:36 PM »

do you know that to be the case?  The Qu-16 is pretty tall in the back.

Based on the dimensions provided by A&H and Audiopile, I'd bet yes.  As George mentioned, it wouldn't hurt to call Mark to verify.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 10:31:37 PM by Corey Scogin »

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 11:38:54 PM »

Thanks Guys. I appreciate the info. I'll call Mark tomorrow just to be sure but it looks like it might be the solution.
From the pictures and description, it does look good quality.
It'll be heavier than the SKB but not a bad trade-off considering the savings in weight going from my 12U rack /mixer case combo full of processors and my mixwiz to the QU16 in a case -nothing else needed. Yep - I'll take the latter.....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 12:00:42 AM »

Thanks Guys. I appreciate the info. I'll call Mark tomorrow just to be sure but it looks like it might be the solution.
From the pictures and description, it does look good quality.
It'll be heavier than the SKB but not a bad trade-off considering the savings in weight going from my 12U rack /mixer case combo full of processors and my mixwiz to the QU16 in a case -nothing else needed. Yep - I'll take the latter.....

A good case is a good thing to protect a mixer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 12:05:28 AM »

Depending on your preferences, a Pelican style case may work too.  I have an LS9 in one of these and I really like the amount of protection, the wheels, and the weight of it.
http://www.pelican.com/cases_detail_storm.php?Case=iM2875

It looks like that case would be a good fit for the Qu-16 as well.  The tradeoff is that you have to pull the console out of the case to use it.  The Qu-16 is a sexy piece of hardware though.  It's somewhat of a shame to hide it in a rack.  The Pelican cases can be ordered with pick-n-pluck foam so you can form-fit it for the mixer.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 08:34:02 AM »

Depending on your preferences, a Pelican style case may work too.  I have an LS9 in one of these and I really like the amount of protection, the wheels, and the weight of it.
http://www.pelican.com/cases_detail_storm.php?Case=iM2875

It looks like that case would be a good fit for the Qu-16 as well.  The tradeoff is that you have to pull the console out of the case to use it.  The Qu-16 is a sexy piece of hardware though.  It's somewhat of a shame to hide it in a rack.  The Pelican cases can be ordered with pick-n-pluck foam so you can form-fit it for the mixer.

I'm presently carrying mine in an accordion soft case/shoulder bag.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 08:46:56 AM »

A good case is a good thing to protect a mixer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I agree...no corners should be cut here.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 08:46:56 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 25 queries.