ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Allen Heath QU16 Case  (Read 36544 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Allen Heath QU16 Case
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2013, 01:47:50 PM »

Which part of the mixer isn't fully protected using the SKB pop up case? The knobs at the upper part of the mixer or maybe the screen?
I was thinking about using exactly that case if I keep the Qu16.

When you attach the lid, a ledge holds down the pop up frame to prevent the mixer from moving  usually. If the frame does not return back to its horizontal position due to the mixer being a little deeper as in this case,  the ledge does not do its job so the mixer can move up and down when being moved/transported.
I have found that if I put foam on the lid even if it is just a small strip glued to the lid directly above the top of the desk, it will hold the desk in place once the lid is closed down on to the base.
It does work because I used this method for my mixwiz before I decided to rotate the input section to allow it to fit properly and the mixwiz is around the same height as the QU16 in that configuration.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2013, 01:49:22 PM »

Give Ryan Jenkins a shout by PM.  He may be able to hook you up on anything A&H.
Thanks Dick...I tried to locate him in members section but no luck. Do you know whether he is listed under a slightly different name or spelling??
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2013, 01:55:15 PM »

Thanks Dick...I tried to locate him in members section but no luck. Do you know whether he is listed under a slightly different name or spelling??

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

all caps.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2013, 02:59:34 PM »

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

all caps.

Thank you...sent him
a quick PM....

Michael Kim

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2013, 03:05:29 AM »

Hi Debbie,

How did you get the SKB case to close at all? I got that same SKB case by mistake and I can't seem to get the lid to close because of the height of the QU-16. Did you just remove the ledge on the top of half of the case? Did you end up going with this case option?

-Michael

When you attach the lid, a ledge holds down the pop up frame to prevent the mixer from moving  usually. If the frame does not return back to its horizontal position due to the mixer being a little deeper as in this case,  the ledge does not do its job so the mixer can move up and down when being moved/transported.
I have found that if I put foam on the lid even if it is just a small strip glued to the lid directly above the top of the desk, it will hold the desk in place once the lid is closed down on to the base.
It does work because I used this method for my mixwiz before I decided to rotate the input section to allow it to fit properly and the mixwiz is around the same height as the QU16 in that configuration.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2013, 02:04:26 PM »

Hi Debbie,

How did you get the SKB case to close at all? I got that same SKB case by mistake and I can't seem to get the lid to close because of the height of the QU-16. Did you just remove the ledge on the top of half of the case? Did you end up going with this case option?

-Michael

When you put the lid on make sure that you either turn it around 180 degrees so it is on upside down or twist the lid when you put it on so that the little tabs go underneath the adjustable frame not on top and then level it. Either way should work. If you measure the height of the case it is about an inch more than you need overall. You just need to add some foam to ensure that the mixer doesn't move around when it is being transported.
I have tried attaching some photos but the files are too large. I'll try again..

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2013, 02:10:10 PM »

I have tried attaching some photos but the files are too large. I'll try again..

dd...

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2013, 07:33:54 PM »

Hi Debbie,

-Michael

Finally got pictures resized...thanks to Dick..

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2013, 07:36:04 PM »

Finally got pictures resized...thanks to Dick..

OK, not very clear really but the first one shows the foam I attached to the rail at the top and covered it in Black Gaffers tape to make it look nice and stay put. The second shows how I 'hook' the tabs under the rail before I place the lid on the base. Hope this helps...I cannot imagine why yours wouldn't do the same assuming it is exactly like mine....

One more thing..to make sure the mixer stays put I have also laid an inch thick layer of foam in the bottom of the case. This ensures that when the lid presses down slightly on everything it holds the mixer tight.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 07:39:33 PM by Debbie Dunkley »

Michael Kim

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2013, 07:37:50 PM »

Ahh, I must have a different version of the SKB case. I'm looking at this one: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SKB19P12

Unfortunately, it has 2 latches on one side and two hinges on the other, so the top can't be rotated 180 degrees. Maybe yours is different? Because of that, the wiggle doesn't quite work either, since the hinge poles are too long. I'm also looking into the audiopile case, so please let me know what you find out!

Thanks!
Michael

OK, not very clear really but the first one shows the foam I attached to the rail at the top and covered it in Black Gaffers tape to make it look nice and stay put. The second shows how I 'hook' the tabs under the rail before I place the lid on the base. Hope this helps...I cannot imagine why yours wouldn't do the same assuming it is exactly like mine....

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2013, 07:37:50 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.