ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Need easy, robust multipine connector for gym remote control  (Read 5515 times)

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Need easy, robust multipine connector for gym remote control
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 12:06:55 PM »

But you could also get creative and do things like have a wall plate with three fixed resistors and a switch labeled as "loud", "medium" and "soft" that gave three pre-defined levels for those that wanted super simplistic operation.  Try doing that for a few bucks with a new dgital console or mixer.

It would be pretty easy on a CL series console. You can have up to 5 GPI inputs, which can each recall a scene where a master volume control could be set to any level. The focus of the scene would be just that one control, and the scene would be locked, and a high number to keep it out of the way. The system could be defeated by reloading a show without that control however. I don't use any of the security features, so I don't know if it is possible to lock that kind of thing against a reload. There was a console that had variable level on GPI inputs that would work as a remote volume control, but I don't remember what it was.

Mac

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Need easy, robust multipine connector for gym remote control
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 12:06:55 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.