ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: QU16.. ORDERED !  (Read 2433 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
QU16.. ORDERED !
« on: November 22, 2013, 05:15:13 PM »

YAY.... Just ordered my Allen Heath QU16...AAARRRRGGGHHHH...............
sorry...got a little excited there!.
I'm a little scared, silly I know but I hope the learning curve doesn't drive me crazy! It's not here yet but when it arrives I'll be spending every available hour on it learning every thing I can.
Dick Rees...this is all you fault LOL !!! :D
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: QU16.. ORDERED !
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 07:44:34 PM »

YAY.... Just ordered my Allen Heath QU16...AAARRRRGGGHHHH...............
sorry...got a little excited there!.
I'm a little scared, silly I know but I hope the learning curve doesn't drive me crazy! It's not here yet but when it arrives I'll be spending every available hour on it learning every thing I can.
Dick Rees...this is all you fault LOL !!! :D

So....if you don't like it, you can send it to me for my punishment.

This really IS a digital MixWizard:  compact, affordable and if you do your work with 16 channels, it'll fill the bill til  the bovines are repatriated.

You'll find your way around the desk in very little time.  The biggest difference is probably that now you have to do all your routing within the digital realm instead of patching cables.  Otherwise it's just the same sound tasks with the same techniques, only now you'll have all the processing everywhere.  16 gates, comps, etc.  Enough EQ and delay, both in/out make it very handy.

Then there's the recording...

Have fun.  You're going to love this little desk.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Jared Koopman

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 09:19:41 PM »

I want one too.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 03:56:14 AM »

So....if you don't like it, you can send it to me for my punishment.

This really IS a digital MixWizard:  compact, affordable and if you do your work with 16 channels, it'll fill the bill til  the bovines are repatriated.

You'll find your way around the desk in very little time.  The biggest difference is probably that now you have to do all your routing within the digital realm instead of patching cables.  Otherwise it's just the same sound tasks with the same techniques, only now you'll have all the processing everywhere.  16 gates, comps, etc.  Enough EQ and delay, both in/out make it very handy.

Then there's the recording...

Have fun.  You're going to love this little desk.

It was really you Dick who convinced me to pull the trigger on this particular desk.  As you know, I already use the mixwiz and so I am a fan anyway but  all your helpful comments guided me in my choice. It meant waiting a bit longer due to the delayed shipping dates - each time I was ready to order the QU16, the stock would sell out - but it was worth the wait.
I have spent my time well doing my research and my investigative work regarding my choices and like I said with everyone's helpful comments - especially yours- It was easy to make up my mind and I was able to conclude that this was the digital desk for me...I am SO excited !!

Thank you so much for your help....
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 03:56:14 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.