ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundcraft price drop  (Read 15103 times)

John Chiara

Re: Soundcraft price drop
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2013, 12:10:28 PM »

Hey, that's a good idea.

We ought to have an independent, unbiased PSW person go around to various shows from as many LAB Loungers as feasible and report back.  ;D

I need a part time job...)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2013, 12:50:17 PM »

I need a part time job...)

I know what you look like, and I'm alerting security... ;)
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2013, 05:09:14 PM »

I just bought a new cattle prod.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

John Fruits

« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2013, 07:45:29 PM »

I just bought a new cattle prod.
So did I, I got the Bossietaser2000, what did you get?
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Bob Kidd

Re: Expression EQ shelving only on Hi, Lo?
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2013, 09:04:48 PM »

Gordon,
I'm pretty well known for my need to have the best sound possible, regardless of board. My step into digital was taken from an APB Pro House, boards known very well for their "tone" if you will.

When comparing boards over the past couple of years I took anything that couldn't compare with the APB off of my list, end of subject, if it doesn't sound as good then why bother. My short list left me with choices in the $10,000 region. I would gladly pay that sum had digital been a choice earlier in life, but at this point as I wind down 10K didn't make much sense so I decided to wait for the next round of digital releases. That would bring the X32 and the Expression.

Those of us who have been around for a long while usually don't care much about the number of knobs the channel EQ has to offer as long as the EQ does it's job. There is no significant advantage to having a swept upper and lower channel EQ, as long as the EQ is designed properly to begin with. It becomes even less significant when the channel strip is also equipped with an active low pass filter. To me the critical range of the EQ is the upper and lower MID sections. This is where 90% of your adjustment will be made, this is where you'll control feedback, the thump of the kick, tone of a B3, etc..

Soundcraft has used the same channel strip EQ on most of their desks, regardless of price, since the intro of the S1 in 1975. It is by far one of the most effective designs I have ever worked with and one of the very reasons the Soundcraft boards are some of the best sounding boards available today.

People constantly state that board XYZ is a better board because it has the feature of upper and lower swept EQ. To me that would illustrate a lack of real world experience. Once you've used a Soundcraft channel strip EQ you'll understand just how unimportant those additional two knobs can be, at least if the EQ is, as I said above, designed correctly, and Soundcraft has had over 40 years time to get it right.

Also as stated above, the EQ graph is fully visible from the setup screen by pushing the mystery button on the screen, which Soundcraft has cleverly disguised by calling it "EQ". 

And if the channel EQ isn't enough there are additional EQ's for every channel and output designed by BSS.

Have fun, don't drink and drive, wear a condom.

Bob, sorry I meant he actually wanted the picture of the actual eq sliders to stay on screen. When adjustment is made it shows a simulated pic of eq sliders and goes off after adjustment but does show the eq graph. Not good enough he needed to see the eq sliders on screen as the x32 has.  ::) sorry I could have explained better. Thanks

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2013, 09:37:41 PM »

No need to apologize Bob, I'm just being a smart ass.

John, I bought the Ronco "Super nut exploder 3200" cattle prod with selectable stun settings and 8" 100,000 volt arc. Good for anything from small child to wooly mammoth.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2013, 05:33:16 AM »

You guys are crazy.  The best cattle prod on the market is the Prodomatic 3000.

Steve,

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2013, 05:33:16 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.