ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monitors for Client  (Read 1547 times)

Thad Kraus

Monitors for Client
« on: November 12, 2013, 05:14:29 pm »

Looking for recomendations for monitor speakers for a client install. They want to get about 6 of them and would only like to pay around the range of $800 a piece for them. I could be totally wrong, but I've had serious trouble finding anything in that price range. Powered or un-powered are perfectly fine as we would be spec'ing amps to handle them as well if need be. This install is for a HS environment and im sure I am missing some other information that will help in this feel free to ask. Thanks in advance.

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
Re: Monitors for Client
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 06:42:33 am »

Looking for recomendations for monitor speakers for a client install. They want to get about 6 of them and would only like to pay around the range of $800 a piece for them. I could be totally wrong, but I've had serious trouble finding anything in that price range. Powered or un-powered are perfectly fine as we would be spec'ing amps to handle them as well if need be. This install is for a HS environment and im sure I am missing some other information that will help in this feel free to ask. Thanks in advance.
As you posted this in the Installed Sound/Contracting forum, can you explain a bit more about what you are trying to do, the intended use of the speakers and the requirements for the speakers?  Are these installed monitors for a choir on stage or techs in a sound booth, small remote monitors for back-of-house spaces like dressing rooms, general purpose stage monitors, stage monitors to support rock concerts or for some other use?  Are there any requirements or goals in terms of size, output, frequency response, etc.?  You can probably find plenty of "monitor" speakers for your budget, but no way of knowing if they fit the application or not based on the information provided.

How set is the budget?  They may only want to pay $800 each for the speakers but how was that budget determined and is it that reasonable for what they want or need?  If what they want/need is not possible within the budget defined then what is the basis for assessing any budgetary and/or performance compromises?

Also regarding budget, does the $800 each have to include cabling, connectors, hardware, etc.?  Do you have not only the associated amplification but also the associated processing?

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Monitors for Client
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 06:42:33 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.